Newcastle allocation at Hillsborough

They will have the top 21 rows of the west stand upper, the top 6 on the lower. This is for segregation to stop them throwing things into fans on the lower tier.

So they will get 3000 tickets in a 6000 stand.

Take into account, the north and south will have the first 19 rows and 3 gangways closed. Then you have the steel barriers outside with two police helicopters in the air.

I understand the SAG have decide to put 2 submarines in the don - just in case. They are also installing watch towers on the roof of the kop with a sniper positioned. 

The match will be live on sky and the police and SAG have decided on a 8.30am kick off -just in case.

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

We should be discussing this with SAG now rather than being reactive as sales progress.

And whilst we're at it quietly looking at what could happen for a potential Wednesday vs Leeds playoff game should it come about. 

Same for a Derby or Huddersfield one. 

Any game where we would potentially have away fans selling out. We should be sorting this out now so that the club can put in place the arrangements for home fans to have part of that stand in a big game. 

Financially it makes sense to give Newcastle both tiers charging them probably £42 being the same as Aston Villa fans were on the opening day of the season when they received 4,544 tickets but . . . . . .

We have a good run of games coming up so who knows, we could be pushing for second place when this fixture comes round so  filling the stadium with as many Wednesday fans as possible and having support in all 4 stands might be that extra man we need to spur the lads to victory.

I'd like Wednesday to do one of the four offers they are allowed to per season to home fans only charging £20 on The Kop and West Stand lower tier and maybe £25 on The North and £30 on The South.

We'd need to get single match tickets for this game on sale a.s.a.p to sell out The Kop, North, South and Grandstand enabling us to then release the Lower West to home fans.

If we've not started selling Lower West tickets by 11th March being 4 weeks prior to the game then we'd have to turn it over to Newcastle.

Guest Copthorneowl

Up to now DC has shown he has no particular reason to favour away supporters and won't give two hoots about the revenue which is small change in the grand scheme of things.

My guess would be they will get a good upper west tier allocation only and we will probably get the bottom.

Cant remember how much they gave us but think that will be taken into the mix when deciding.

8 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Makes sense to see where we are at the time, if it's looking good for us. Just give em 1000 and blame sag...and our utmost commitment to supporter safety. If we are 10th give em 10,000 and we have full faith in SYP

Its not all about segregation though, SAG have lowered the capacity of the North Stand and so it makes sense to leave the block empty at the end next to the West Stand which accounts for most of the number of seats we can no longer sell.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Up to now DC has shown he has no particular reason to favour away supporters and won't give two hoots about the revenue which is small change in the grand scheme of things.

My guess would be they will get a good upper west tier allocation only and we will probably get the bottom.

Cant remember how much they gave us but think that will be taken into the mix when deciding.

From memory it was either 3,000 or 3,300 and we didn't totally sell out.

Guest everydays_wednesday
17 hours ago, darklord said:

Stick em in our new SAG approved away fan area. 

Its Called Bramall Lane

TBH...Bumhole Stain is as far way from the pitch as away fans are at Newcastle anyway....

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, owl-zat said:

Its not all about segregation though, SAG have lowered the capacity of the North Stand and so it makes sense to leave the block empty at the end next to the West Stand which accounts for most of the number of seats we can no longer sell.

From memory it was either 3,000 or 3,300 and we didn't totally sell out.

Thanks that would be my guess then and if they all fit in the top west that's where I think they'll end up, If not the bottom but that would stop us having the top I think?

what was reason Birmingham having lower fri night? was it some kind of experiment ,and if it worked they will let us have upper west? ive not seen that done before well if has has I cant remember maybe 20-30 years ago plus. if we can sell more tickets then do what forest do and give em 1800. we need to get ground up as close to 40k as possible the sooner the better. regarding losing 1000 off kop and huge areas on other stands id love to know reasons. before all seater 21k plus was allowed on kop for last 25years its been ok for 11000 now some ponce (sag) has decided only 10k allowed so that means we have all been put in danger for 25years? I really don't think we have any chance getting this sorted with sag  they have got it in for us , does a leeds and utd supporter run this shower called sag?

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Odds on it will be moved to friday night or saturday teatime ,as all the Barcodes games are live on Sky. 

Won't be on Friday.

Midweek round on Tuesday 4th April, Newcastle play on Wednesday 5th.

Edited by Liamswfc92

10 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

that would only happen if we gave Newcastle 2k for upper west and netted 20 rows off at front have 500 riot police, dogs and barbed wire between us even then they would say no for us having lower west.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

that would only happen if we gave Newcastle 2k for upper west and netted 20 rows off at front have 500 riot police, dogs and barbed wire between us even then they would say no for us having lower west.

Fair enough I have to sayi I'm  not really up to speed with SAG and SYP but I do feel DC isn't really fussed about away teams. I think the idea that he will give a really good allocation to Toon for a few bob just is not likely to happen.

I thought earlier this year (might be last) we shared the west and had the lower (was it Cardiff last year). But can't really remember  I do however think we should offer teams what they offer us even though we can generally offer more than most others. Let them moan the likes of Forest and others always give us no more than half what we could fill. I love to go away better atmosphere than Hillsborough and the away supporters are 100% behind the team always.