Zola on us

3 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Did they create any good chances though?

First off, I don't remember Westwood having a save to make - and secondly, the chances they did have weren't really as clear-cut as some of the ones we missed anyway. One of the woodwork hits one was off our own player, one was a 25 yard shot from nothing and the other was their only real "chance" in the game as such, but that wasn't even as easy to score as Winnall's was at the beginning of the second half.

Not saying Winnall's chance was easy to put away, but it was more clear-cut than any of B'ham's best chances. They might legitimately be able to claim that they could have scored one or two of their half-chances, but we could have scored one or two more of our half-chances as well - so that doesn't mean an awful lot.

Both shots that hit the post were deflections off our player's

He obviously watched a different game yes they hit the post three times but on the other hand their last ditch defending saved a couple more goals from us.

Their defence was a shambles all night , Robinson was lucky to be on the pitch as he should have gone for his language at the ref alone , never mind the number of fouls he committed.

To their credit their midfield diamond did cause us problems but they never truly created many chances. 

Zola is pretty clueless as a manager although a nice enough fella.

They had a couple of half chances - that Westwood had covered. And Sammy's clearance that was just a bit of luck / unlucky

Never really threatened and I was always confident.

First one scuffed the outside of the post. As good as wide imo.

Lucky shot that dipped for the second and third was decent strike but deflection if I remember.

Not like they were chances you couldn't miss.

Ofc he has to big the performance up. Managers don't want to take any blame and get sacked.

They did ok but Wednesday deserved the win

Just in case people are wondering exactly what zola said...deluded much

Birmingham boss Gianfranco Zola:

"I don't think it was very fair, I don't think they deserved to win the game. They were very good at the beginning and we were not prepared. For the rest of the game we were better than them and we were on top. To be fair the team played one of our best games, but again we come up with nothing and it's frustrating.

"I believe in the work and process and we will get better. Again, the only disappointing thing today was as we started. If you play a team like Sheffield Wednesday you cannot afford to start so slowly, that was the difference."

The shot that rattled the fk outta the posts from their left back was their only real chance. It could have gone in and we could have done nothing about it.

Hutch had the other shot that scraped the post covered, it was good defending.

The long shot that hit the top of the cross bar would have been tipped over by Westwood if it had been any lower.

When they dominated possession we defended really well.

When we dominated possession they didn't defend well.

3-0, end of!

4 hours ago, newbster said:

Just in case people are wondering exactly what zola said...deluded much

Birmingham boss Gianfranco Zola:

"I don't think it was very fair, I don't think they deserved to win the game. They were very good at the beginning and we were not prepared. For the rest of the game we were better than them and we were on top. To be fair the team played one of our best games, but again we come up with nothing and it's frustrating.

"I believe in the work and process and we will get better. Again, the only disappointing thing today was as we started. If you play a team like Sheffield Wednesday you cannot afford to start so slowly, that was the difference."

So whose fault was that? That would be Zolas then