What's the Difference....

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

Just sometimes entertaining the fans comes 2nd to results.

This season we have a plan B in similar games we lost last season, MK Dons, Bristol City, Rotherham etc.

No doubt. If you can win, improve your goal difference and entertain then that's cause for celebration.

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Brum on the back of a good performance against Fulham and a first win in ages. They looked better than Wigan based on the two games. 

Anyway perhaps best to see if we continue in tonight's vein going forward. I hope we do.

Birmingham are a better side I agree, our early goal forced them out, we killed them on the break.

Wigan stayed with one up top all game, made it difficult for us to play.

There you have the reason for the different performances.

When you have forwards who have excellent movement and stretch teams.....forwards who aren't dropping into midfield to receive the ball to feet every 2 minutes...it means wingers have someone to cross to......midfielders have runs to pick out.....often it's the simple little things like that.

There was indeed loads of moaning last week.

As much as the performance though I think that was down to many self hypnotising themselves in the build up to that game that it could and should be nothing less than a 4-0 win because of the name "Wigan"...Rugby, Pies, 4th division, etc etc etc

Once people have kidded themselves that that is an absolute truth then the positive  result largely goes out of the window. 

it was all about balance tonight, we got it wrong again, its a name over performance, carlos must grow a pair for this, i do give birmingham big credit for how they played though, thought they were decent down the lanks but short up top and very poor at the back.

56 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Markowl, you are making yourself look stupid .

We didn't win ugly tonight, simple as that.

More positivity , getting the ball forward, creating chances, resulting in 3 goals.

Birmingham had a couple of good spells which we managed to cope with.

I really haven't got a clue what you were watching.

Birmingham had more than a couple of good spells. They were the better side for a fair portion of the game.  

We were certainly better than the Wigan game, and made the most of our opportunities for a change, but it was far from a stellar performance. 

13 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Birmingham are a better side I agree, our early goal forced them out, we killed them on the break.

Wigan stayed with one up top all game, made it difficult for us to play.

There you have the reason for the different performances.

Fair points but have to agree to differ I'm afraid.  If tonight proves to be a one off then Ill come back on here and defer to your point of view. I suspect though that we've seen a change in dynamic since last week but only the coming weeks will tell for sure. 

I expect more more goals and more entertaining football going forward and more points too. 

One thing I do know for sure is that I enjoyed tonight's game more than I have done for ages. 

Edited by Dagmeister

5 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Birmingham had more than a couple of good spells. They were the better side for a fair portion of the game.  

We were certainly better than the Wigan game, and made the most of our opportunities for a change, but it was far from a stellar performance. 

Far from perfect but far more enjoyable than for ages IMO.

Don't be daft. Last week we won but the performance was awful. We didn't even look interested in trying to attack wigan.

This week we also won but the performance was decent. We at least looked like we wanted to try and score tonight so no surprise we walk home with 3 goals.

Credit to Birmingham our victory last Friday was far more comfortable than tonights 3-0.

Don't get me wrong tonight also demonstrates that we have a third system up our sleeve which leaves us in good stead for the run in.

Onwards and upwards, more importantly onwards and upwards with Carlos at the helm !