Poll: Man of the Match vs Birmingham...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Birmingham  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Birmingham?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Wallace
    • Bannan
    • Rhodes
    • Forestieri
    • Winnall
    • Reach
    • Abdi
    • McManaman

Westwood 7- When called upon he did well

Hunt 6- shakes defensively but that cross for Winnalls goal was phenomenal 

Sasso 6- Scares me but honestly did alright tonight 

Loovens 7- Played really well

Fox 7- better than pudil

Wallace 6- started brightly then seemed to go out the game a little

Hutchinson 9- Running out of ways to describe my love for this man 

Bannan 7- Was good till subbed

Forestieri 6- ghosted the game a lot for me 

Winnall 8- shooting was abit off but got into great positions and a great header for his goal 

Rhodes 7- Same as Winnall minus the shooting bit

Reach 6- took his goal well

Abdi 6- didn't notice him 

Mcmanaman 6- didn't do much but wasn't on long 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
Just now, Costello 77 said:

3 line post but you still managed to squeeze a negative in.

I'm over the moon with the result mate.  Also so pleased for both Sam and Jordan to get off the mark!!!

Better??? lol

Hutchy was brilliant tonight,and Winnall worked really hard also,Loovens was cool and commanding.Thought Wallace worked hard as well,but FF nothing came off for him and he left the young lad exposed at times.

Hard on Brum they had loads of possesion and came back strong,3-0 rather flatters us.

Not a vintage performance by anymeans,but we now have TWO intelligent goalscoring frontmen,and thats reflected by the scoreline,personally Id have had Reach on earlier tonight.

Hunt needs to patent that cross tonight for the rest of the season,exactly where we should be putting them for two hungry forewards.

Edited by legendaryswan

i started watching at about 25 minutes so i missed a bit, but from what i saw;

Westwood 7- made the standard saves. dealt with the crosses he could get too well but was blocked in a couple of times. replay should he was a whisker away from the shot that hit the cross bar at about 70 minutes, it looked like if it was on target he would have got to it. kicking looked better than usual too but that was due to birminghams defenders not understanding what they should do with a long ball-modern footballers!

Hunt 7- looked a little unsteady and got caught out on runs inside from the wing. positioning was generally ok. got involved going forward and played a peach of a ball to Winnall for the goal.

Loovens 7-calm and steady. i got excited when he ran the ball forward from a corner breakdown. looked slightly more aggro than normal

Sasso 7-slipped in well. played the ball out smartly and his positioning was good. nearly dropped a boIIock but the birmingham striker was not expecting it in the slightest. a good replacement and im glad he came back.

Fox 7-first time ive seen him. i was impressed. tidy and good decision making. didnt seem to offer much going forward but certainly a steadying effect on the team

Wallace 7- he played well. good link up play.shooting boots were left in the car tonight and he looked a bit leggy, might need a rest. great to see him busting a gut to edge the birmingham player off the ball and win it back. would have got booked shorty before he got subbed if he wasnt so tired.

Hutchinson 8-what an amazing player and character. hes in the form of his life and hope we can keep him in the summer. you'd be pretty dumb if you're a premier league team and not looking at him. shame the ball to Hunt didnt come off but it was absolutely pin point. tidied everything up with full flying force tackles always just on the legal side. showed his character by tellin FF to buck up.

Bannan 7-not his best game but kept everything ticking along. nice to see him getting a standing sing song when he was withdrawn.

Forestieri 7-i thought he played pretty well. i think he was given more freedom today, as Fox didnt seem to overlap as much as Pudil, and i thought he had a good influence on the game. He obviously would have preferred to play more centrally but it really is for the good of the team right now if he plays wider and deeper. i really dont mind him being stroppy when he came off. he's an emotional guy and he did his best to wind it in. he wants to play and he wants to score goals. it's not a big deal, everyone's got an overly dramatic work mate and its not that difficult to ignore it.

Rhodes 7-honestly i knew he'd be good for us but i thought it was luxurious and that he wouldn't have much of an influence in the first few games. luckily i was wrong, and assist and a goal in 2 games. it somehow seems like a homecoming, hes got a great attitude and its nice to have more northerners in the team. having his dad here obviously helped him to come. good lad.

Winnall 8-great performance. not enough to steal the motm from Hutch but really good. very enthusiastic, wanted to score more than anyone else on the pitch or in the stadium. he's fit as a fiddle to, none stop commitment to get the ball and in behind the defence. wasn't sure what to expect when he came, but he showed he's far too good for Barnsley. I'm interested to see how well he does the rest of the season.

Reach 7-in his short appearance i think he summed up where he's at as a player right now. not the finished article at times clumsy, not on the same wave length as other players but incredibly good in flashes and brilliant link up play when something clicks in him. wasted possession with a lame shot from range but very confident finishing for his goal.

Abdi + McManaman  7-im giving them a 7 between them, though i there wasnt much to see to give a rating but one of them (i think Abdi) did that class turn on the edge of the halfway circle to keep possession and the breakaway attack going.

we threw caution to the wind a bit in this one and i really don't think it's how Carlos wanted us to play. we took a lot of risks despite defending well and players were still bombing forward on 75 minutes despite us having a lead to defend. i remember seeing Hutch the furthest man forward at 1-0 and thinking something had misaligned in the cosmos. I believe our flash attack strategy happened because birminghams centre backs looked absolutely hopeless. non-league level at times.

they were lucky the ref wasnt more card happy. Robinson and Kieftenbeld did enough naughtiness each to warrant a couple of bookings.

We were nowhere near our best but we won 3-0 and we did deserve it. Birmingham didnt do enough to deserve a goal and we kept hitting them on the counter and could have had a couple more.

Well done the lads!

I thought the whole team were a step up on our last few home games. Plumped for Rhodes over Loovens, as he was surprisingly good in the jar,  held and dB asked the ball well contributing more than I'd thought he would,while Loovens was rock solid. But naturally Hutch was great, as was Winnall.

I think having Fletch and Hooper to come back gives us those options that will worry most teams thru 90+ mins.  With FF wide and with Reach on the other side (for me) we'll match most teams. 

Abdi or Bannan with Hutch (while Lee is injured) and a positive state of play we'll  be right in the playoff mixer.  

Altho Birmingham had their moments,  it was great to see us worry opponents and look dangerous and clinical. Something we've lacked this year - long may that continue!! 

Westwood 7 - Didn't have a great deal to do despite Birmingham's pressure.

Hunt 7 - His best game this season, still a couple of defensive mistakes but a great cross for the 2nd goal.

Sasso 7 - Good performance, looks composed 90% of the time, the other 10% makes some strange decisions.

Loovens 8 - Excellent match, didn't do anything wrong from what I can remember.

Fox 7 - Solid defensive performance.

Wallace 6 - Good 1st half, faded in the 2nd.

Hutcinson 7 - Good solid performance from Mr Reliable.

Bannan 6 - Not his best, struggled after 1st half injury.

Forestieri 6 - Worked well, but not a lot came off for him.

Winnall 8 - Just shaded MOTM over Loovens for me. Worked his socks off, could have had a hat trick with a bit more composure.

Rhodes 7 - Good game, linked well & did what he's meant to do, score a goal.

Reach 8 - Excellent cameo performance, great run for the 2nd goal & took his goal well.

Abdi 7 - Some great touches, still hoping he'll be a major influence the rest of this season.

McMananman 6 - Not on long enough to be any great influence.

Carlos 8 - Excellent team selection, great tempo at the start & spot on substitutions at the right time.

Edited by mogbad

Tough to pick one. 

Rhodes was class. He's such a clever striker. Massively underrated as a player imo. So many little things that generally go unnoticed. 

Hutch was superb as ever. 

Bannan, Loovens, Hunt and Reach all deserve mentions for good performances

Have to go for Winnall though. Worked his socks off, won headers, always on the move, and did something we've been crying out for - got himself in the 6 yard box and attacked a cross like a proper striker should.

No real complaints about anyone tonight. Voted for Hutch but could easily have voted for 4 others. And I think credit is due to some of the quality Brum showed, so this was no gimme.

Early days, but the Rhodes/Winnall partnership could be completely transformative.

Edited by WC1Owl