Jump to content


Recommended Posts

                            Wildsmith

 

Palmer         Semedo     Sasso    Urby    

 

Buckley          Abdi        Jones        McGugan

 

                 Matias        'Big Dave'

 

I'm sure for some of you 1 or 2 of these players would be 1st choice (Palmer / Abdi ?) but looking at all the threads and trying to pick best 11 and formation, with the talent we currently have there are so many permutations all of which are meaningless anyway (unless CC canvasses Owlstalk  before picking his team!).

 

So for a change, I thought I would look at an alternative 11 and wondered how they would play in the Championship ? No doubting of course that our 2nd 11 would wipe the floor with the Bacon Boys at S2 !!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, BrainJoicey said:

                            Wildsmith

 

Palmer         Semedo     Sasso    Urby    

 

Buckley          Abdi        Jones        McGugan

 

                 Matias        'Big Dave'

 

I'm sure for some of you 1 or 2 of these players would be 1st choice (Palmer / Abdi ?) but looking at all the threads and trying to pick best 11 and formation, with the talent we currently have there are so many permutations all of which are meaningless anyway (unless CC canvasses Owlstalk  before picking his team!).

 

So for a change, I thought I would look at an alternative 11 and wondered how they would play in the Championship ? No doubting of course that our 2nd 11 would wipe the floor with the Bacon Boys at S2 !!  

 

That team would get hammered for starters it would be 9 men each and every week. More chance of me getting a game than Matias or Urby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Big Dave' 

 

lol

 

Would it not be quicker to just write his name?!

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jose Semedo & Lewis McGugan should be nowhere near out 2nd team. 

  • Disagree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are Rhodes, Hopper, FF and Winnall all starting with the 1s then?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, George said:

Are Rhodes, Hopper, FF and Winnall all starting with the 1s then?

And Fletch?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To my mind it'd be more like:-

 

1. Wildsmith

2. Hunt

3. Pudil

4. Bannan

5. Sasso

6. Semedo

7. Buckley

8. Abdi

9. Fletcher

10.Hooper

11. Reach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, George said:

To my mind it'd be more like:-

 

1. Wildsmith

2. Hunt

3. Pudil

4. Bannan 

5. Sasso

6. Semedo

7. Buckley

8. Abdi

9. Fletcher

10.Hooper

11. Reach 

Probably made as many first team appearances as anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Probably made as many first team appearances as anyone. 

 

Indeed but would you pick them over Lee and McManaman? I wouldn't.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, George said:

To my mind it'd be more like:-

 

1. Wildsmith

2. Hunt

3. Pudil

4. Bannan

5. Sasso

6. Semedo

7. Buckley

8. Abdi

9. Fletcher

10.Hooper

11. Reach

Strong side. 

 

You need to name 1st eleven, then 2nd team.  

 

Eg 

1.    Westwood.              Wildsmith

 

Etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, George said:

 

Indeed but would you pick them over Lee and McManaman? I wouldn't.

I would have Reach at left back and Bannan would get in any 11 in this division.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Jose Semedo & Lewis McGugan should be nowhere near out 2nd team. 

 

Well we don't have enough players for a 3rd team, and they sure as sh#t aren't getting a regular game for the 1st XI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Westwood                Wildsmith                      Dawson

Palmer                      Hunt                             ????

Lees                         Sasso                           ????

Loovens                   O'Grady                        ????

Fox                           Pudil                             Urby

Reach                       Wallace                        Buckley

Hutch                        Jones                           Semedo

Lee                           Bannan                         Abdi

Fessi                        Mcmanaman                 Matias

Rhodes                    Fletcher                         Nuhiu

Hooper                     Winnall                          Hirst

 

Pretty impressive squad depth really & Obviously all these can change depending on formation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrainJoicey said:

                            Wildsmith

 

Palmer         Semedo     Sasso    Urby    

 

Buckley          Abdi        Jones        McGugan

 

                 Matias        'Big Dave'

 

I'm sure for some of you 1 or 2 of these players would be 1st choice (Palmer / Abdi ?) but looking at all the threads and trying to pick best 11 and formation, with the talent we currently have there are so many permutations all of which are meaningless anyway (unless CC canvasses Owlstalk  before picking his team!).

 

So for a change, I thought I would look at an alternative 11 and wondered how they would play in the Championship ? No doubting of course that our 2nd 11 would wipe the floor with the Bacon Boys at S2 !!  

 

McGugan has no squad number so shouldn't be included. 

Pudil to left back, Urby left midfield.?

BUT Carlos would never play a right footed winger on the right or a left footer on the left.

 

Discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

McGugan has no squad number so shouldn't be included. 

Pudil to left back, Urby left midfield.?

BUT Carlos would never play a right footed winger on the right or a left footer on the left.

 

Discuss.

If Carlos ever had to pick this team I am sure the last thing concerning him would be who plays on which wing.

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrainJoicey said:

                            Wildsmith

 

Palmer         Semedo     Sasso    Urby    

 

Buckley          Abdi        Jones        McGugan

 

                 Matias        'Big Dave'

 

I'm sure for some of you 1 or 2 of these players would be 1st choice (Palmer / Abdi ?) but looking at all the threads and trying to pick best 11 and formation, with the talent we currently have there are so many permutations all of which are meaningless anyway (unless CC canvasses Owlstalk  before picking his team!).

 

So for a change, I thought I would look at an alternative 11 and wondered how they would play in the Championship ? No doubting of course that our 2nd 11 would wipe the floor with the Bacon Boys at S2 !!  

 

 

Thats a 3rd team not a 2nd team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aeroswfc said:

Jose Semedo & Lewis McGugan should be nowhere near out 2nd team. 

I agree, McGugan should be very near the 1st team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×