Ross Wallace and Glenn Loovens

Heard plenty in the summer months and after that they weren't good enough for us anymore, too old, legs have gone, need replacing in the transfer window etc etc. These statements are so far from the truth.

Glenn is our captain, our leader at the back, calming influence on others, experienced and just a top class defender at this level.

Ross has a cracking left foot, bags of experience at this level and always pops up for us with a goal or assist when we desperately need someone to and also how many wingers have we signed since he signed thinking he would be displaced and he's still in there scoring and putting performances in. 

Both will be crucial to our chances of making it back to the big time come May, there's life in both of them yet.

Agreed Jack27.

They both finished last season in great form. Loovens was half of a watertight defence, and Wallace scored crucial goals in the run-in and Play Offs when nobody else was scoring.

Right now, Loovens is playing far better than a Lees, and Wallace is once again the key goal-scorer.

Unless things change drastically I think we need them both again in August.

36 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Both probably need replacing in the summer, but are doing the buzz this season.

Luv em both. Good characters to have at the club.

Disagree. 

We we are a better team with both players in the side. Until they can't keep up with the pace they should be in the match day squad. 

Wallace is brilliant on some occasions, but goes missing on others. His confidence is high at the moment and so is therefore, doing well. His consistency is the issue. Whilst ever we play with attacking full backs, we need pace at the back to provide cover for their absence. Loovens is a liability in this regard and he is poor/slow with his passing too. I agree he reads the game really well and has good leadership skills, but that is not enough for me. Loovens short comings sometimes leave Lees exposed. It has come to a time when CC should be considering giving Loovens fewer opportunities imo. But I fear he won't.

1 minute ago, Whatahoot said:

Wallace is brilliant on some occasions, but goes missing on others. His confidence is high at the moment and so is therefore, doing well. His consistency is the issue. Whilst ever we play with attacking full backs, we need pace at the back to provide cover for their absence. Loovens is a liability in this regard and he is poor/slow with his passing too. I agree he reads the game really well and has good leadership skills, but that is not enough for me. Loovens short comings sometimes leave Lees exposed. It has come to a time when CC should be considering giving Loovens fewer opportunities imo. But I fear he won't.

I am sure he won't.  Very much hope he won't

1 hour ago, Whatahoot said:

Christ Loovens holds our defence together and you want him dropping!!!

Lees plays far better with Loovens besides him. In the early part of the seasons Lees admitted he was playing below par and needed to up his game. Loovens came back and Lees form picked up. Loovens is a pro and very good at this level. He's probably got another year in him if we don't go up.

Loovens short comings sometimes leave Lees exposed. It has come to a time when CC should be considering giving Loovens fewer opportunities imo. But I fear he won't.

And yet Lees looks most comfortable with Loovens beside him, when loovens is missing lees struggles sometimes.

2 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

He's contributing to far too many clean sheets for my liking!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Both probably need replacing in the summer, but are doing the buzz this season.

Luv em both. Good characters to have at the club.

Why do they need replacing? Do they suddenly age over the summer and become geriatrics???

We certainly need better competition in those areas though. Then if the other players do well, then and only then, will they replace Glenn and Ross.

Need better and there is better out there. Lees and Loovens don't contribute enough to our goal tally as our goal threat from corners is poor. Two or three a season isn't enough. Wallace has had a bit of a purple patch in recent games but prior to this his form was poor and if it wasn't for his world ie against Huddersfield he would have been taken off earlier.

Wallace was a big player for us last season and I think he's be one of the players who's not quite hit the same heights this season but he's found a bit of form in the last month and long may it continue.

As for Loovens, as good a signing we've made in our recent history and still has a part to play both this season and next at least.

Edited by Great Big Galaa