We Want Our Carlos Back

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

We looked like a team in a relegation battle

What's happened to our cavalier attitude?

Come on Carlos, give us our Carlos back

Carlos has pointed out how other sides pay us much more respect now so we can't get away with 100% going for it. I would rather 3 points with 1 shot than 1 point from 33 shots.

1 minute ago, joelswfc said:

Carlos has pointed out how other sides pay us much more respect now so we can't get away with 100% going for it. I would rather 3 points with 1 shot than 1 point from 33 shots.

I wonder how teams like Brighton and Derby cope with the respect bit, seeing as they both have been in and around the play offs for a few years now

For me, that's just a cop out

Carlos has seen how Burnley, Middlesboro, and Hull got out of the division last year, they often ground out results, and some of their performances weren't pretty

I love the Carlos

But I want that fantastic flowing football that we had last year

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I wonder how teams like Brighton and Derby cope with the respect bit, seeing as they both have been in and around the play offs for a few years now

For me, that's just a cop out

Carlos has seen how Burnley, Middlesboro, and Hull got out of the division last year, they often ground out results, and some of their performances weren't pretty

I love the Carlos

But I want that fantastic flowing football that we had last year

Of course, we all went perfect football. But if Carlos doesn't believe he can get us promoted doing that then I believe him.

I wonder if we might see more of our beautiful football of last season in the next 2 home games.

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Of course, we all went perfect football. But if Carlos doesn't believe he can get us promoted doing that then I believe him.

I wonder if we might see more of our beautiful football of last season in the next 2 home games.

If we do, it will be for the first time this season

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I wonder how teams like Brighton and Derby cope with the respect bit, seeing as they both have been in and around the play offs for a few years

I think you have just answered your own question

I accept we are no longer a surprise package and teams can prepare how to play against us. But it is the Head Coaches role to come up with alternatives and it's not like he hasn't had the money to do that.

Whilst we may not have written a tactics book or watch DVDS a lot of us have watched football for years and a turgid defensive style as Plan A is no recipe for success. Whilst teams like Boro and Hull could grind out results that was interspersed with the odd easy win against lower ranked sides.

The one thing that grips my poo is getting a free kick in the opposition half so a chance to get a ball into the box and 5 seconds later Westwood has it. If you are going to play this style at least give yourself a chance

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

The one thing that grips my poo is getting a free kick in the opposition half so a chance to get a ball into the box and 5 seconds later Westwood has it. If you are going to play this style at least give yourself a chance

The only good thing other than the 3 points was that Carlos looked embarrassed. We were better in 10 games last season than we've been once this season