Using Periscope for non televised Wednesday matches

Interesting article about a city fan who periscoped the entire Man City vs Palace FA Cup match that was not televised.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/new-craze-brings-in-140-000-viewers-vfnxn60cg

So in relation to Wednesday, would there be any wednesdayite on here who goes to home/away matches that would do the same thing for the rest of us who can't make home matches, and therefore miss out on the 80% of games that aren't otherwise televised? Maybe set up a patreon account for donations for your troubles, I would gladly donate for your inconvenience.

Since we aren't a prem club I doubt this would get picked up by big bad SKY who don't televise most of our matches anyway.

Thoughts?

Guest Fletchers head guard

Don't think we can get away with it here if it's the full 90 was big in Italy when it started off though then that got stopped so imagine it's the same here 

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Pretty sure there must be something that stops people doing this. A bit like standing at concert filming the whole thing.

I'm certain video cameras are prohibited, but they cannot ban people's cell phones. All of this is done via smart phones now anyway. Just make sure it's 100% charged whilst heading to the match.

I echo what Poite said, I wouldn't want to be the Season Ticket holder that gets in trouble with the club for putting all the games on Periscope and potentially costing the club revenue from people not buying match day tickets on the basis they can watch on Periscope.

Just now, canadianowl said:

I'm certain video cameras are prohibited, but they cannot ban people's cell phones. All of this is done via smart phones now anyway. Just make sure it's 100% charged whilst heading to the match.

Nah, you'd never get away with that. The quality of the video on my phone is as good if not better than a lot of video cameras. If you enter a building that says "no cameras" you wouldn't get away with saying it's not a camera, it's a phone.

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Nah, you'd never get away with that. The quality of the video on my phone is as good if not better than a lot of video cameras. If you enter a building that says "no cameras" you wouldn't get away with saying it's not a camera, it's a phone.

Sit somewhere else in the ground if anyone challenges you from the club don't talk to them at all.  Get chucked out.

Not that I'm recommending it

There was a guy on twitter who used to do this for a fair few games towards the start of the season havent noticed it on recently though I haven't particular been looking. It wasnt always the greatest and problems like battery cutting out and quality were understandably frequent it was still much appreciated though for fans like me who cant always get due to distance and theres something charming about hearing fans comments and the different camera view that make you miss being there more than watching it on tv does and despite any negative comments it would never replicate actually attending a game.

Its only a matter of time though until this becomes more frequent as smart phones cameras and battery life improve it will be impossible to stop just as you cant really top fans filming goals etc now. Clubs or sky need to sort out the legalities of offering a pay per view package before it does.