Wigan vsThe Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

They didn't park the bus at all.

Our back four were busy bees.

Fair enough, bad choice of words - I meant they got a lot of players behind the ball and looked to stifle us. You're right though, they did keep back four busy too, few clear-cut chances but yeah.

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Look 3 points is great, really great because that was a dreadful performance. 

Jones, Pudil, Reach and Hunt were abysmal, truly abysmal. When they pressed us we had zero composure and just handed the ball back to them. 

We didn't create a single chance for Rhodes and yet he comes up with an assist so fair play to him. 

It's the question that keeps coming back but why aren't we playing like last season and taking lesser teams apart? 

Credit to Carlos in saying we weren't up to standard but please  stop with the days rest stuff because I'm afraid my friend that's English football and our squad should be big enough to cope with it. 

Got away with one tonight but we need to improve and fast. Get the tempo up, find that balance and stick to it, don't chop and change. 

Get Abdi in midfield somehow and be smarter in your subs.

2 home games to come and we need to come out of the traps flying and flaming stick it to the opposition. 

Smarter with Subs . Crying out for MacManaman and Abdi two hours before kick off, Semedo was a gime given Pudil cramped up.

11 minutes ago, scram said:

What?!?!?

WHAT?!?!?!

They were absolutely clueless

A really, really poor team - no formation, no strategy - passed to us more than we passed to our own players

As bad a team as i have seen at this level

But won their last 3 league games

7 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Look 3 points is great, really great because that was a dreadful performance. 

Jones, Pudil, Reach and Hunt were abysmal, truly abysmal. When they pressed us we had zero composure and just handed the ball back to them. 

We didn't create a single chance for Rhodes and yet he comes up with an assist so fair play to him. 

It's the question that keeps coming back but why aren't we playing like last season and taking lesser teams apart? 

Credit to Carlos in saying we weren't up to standard but please  stop with the days rest stuff because I'm afraid my friend that's English football and our squad should be big enough to cope with it. 

Got away with one tonight but we need to improve and fast. Get the tempo up, find that balance and stick to it, don't chop and change. 

Get Abdi in midfield somehow and be smarter in your subs.

2 home games to come and we need to come out of the traps flying and flaming stick it to the opposition. 

I thought Hunt did ok.

Guest Copthorneowl

It's amazing really and quite funny how so many of us see a different game altogether.

I thought Reach, Hunt, Pudil and Sasso ( Sasso so often rabbit in headlights) were all dire some think the full backs were OK. 

Just shows how it's all just opinions and nobody should insult somebody else for theirs. We're all owls so let's try and avoid keyboard warrior speak we have won but I though we were sheeite.

Lge Apps        Gls
Westwood 104 0

Hunt 52 0
Sasso 17 0
Loovens 96 1
Pudil 56 2

Wallace 67 6
Jones 17 0
Bannan 62 3
Reach 24 1

Forestieri 60 23
Rhodes 1 0

Wildsmith 9 0
Palmer 130 1
Semedo 136 1
Abdi 12 0
McManaman 5 0
Nuhiu 137 19
Winnall 3 0

Total 988 57

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

I thought Fessi was the only player likely to score. He was chasing forwards and backwards and showed more enthusiasm and effort than most of the others. Made a nuisance of himself.

What happens.... he gets subbed. Perhaps he was injured or being saved for 9 days time.

A12owl, I should point out that we're playing Birmingham next Friday so that's seven days. Don't want you to miss it!

14 minutes ago, scram said:

But were shyte tonight

If you wanna say Wigan were decent last week i'll not argue because i didn't see them

I'm talking about tonight and they were hopeless

So we don't take any credit for that ? 

1 minute ago, Kevan said:

Another team that we should have dominated, but completely failed to do so. Poor, very poor irrespective of the short recovery time from Tuesday. Where is the attacking football we were promised?

dont know but ile take the 3 points any day

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

So not a depleted squad then  as suggested by another poster? Yes Carlos didnt have as many to choose from but all were experienced squad members.

Squad of 18 had 10 players with over a season of appearances for Wednesday

The other 8 includes Rhodes, who made his debut

Wednesday were without 7 of the squad tonight due to (reported) suspension/injury:

Lee

Fletcher

Hooper

Lees

Matias

Hutchinson

Emanuelson

43 minutes ago, Corneliusreeve said:

Well I'll give you the job then seems you know more than CC........ kidc77 for the next coach.

I love it how all the football managers on here make it sound so easy. 

By the way what's your profession at the moment?

I know It wasn't pretty tonight but with the injuries and suspensions we have plus Wigan scrapping for thier lives it was always going to be a battle.

It hasn't been pretty since 10 games before the end of last season you empty head. It doesn't take a pro coach to see the same poo performances week in week out. 

Read my comments before spouting testicles the last thing I want is Carlos to go but he has got it bang wrong and has for a while. We have spent a fortune and we have a great squad now. At this moment we are not fulfilling its potential even he said we were bobbar tonight so is he talking testicles????

we mustered one shot on target the entire game tonight and couldn't string more than 2 passes together. If it was a one off then there wouldn't be anything to be concerned about but it's nearly every game. 

Slow, laboured, no cutting edge, sit back and counter, when we score try and defend with 9 men behind the ball. 

Im not the kind of person who expects us to go up thinking we have a god given right, I do however have common sense and can see a host of teams in and around us who are playing way better and if we continue in the same vein we will not make play offs. It really is that simple. 

Carlos is making the game too complicated for our players.

After being found out early in the season he seems to imagine how our opponents will think we'll play and play in a different way to that - rather than playing to OUR strengths.

God knows how we've got the points we have.

22 minutes ago, kidc77 said:

It hasn't been pretty since 10 games before the end of last season you empty head. It doesn't take a pro coach to see the same poo performances week in week out. 

Read my comments before spouting testicles the last thing I want is Carlos to go but he has got it bang wrong and has for a while. We have spent a fortune and we have a great squad now. At this moment we are not fulfilling its potential even he said we were bobbar tonight so is he talking testicles????

we mustered one shot on target the entire game tonight and couldn't string more than 2 passes together. If it was a one off then there wouldn't be anything to be concerned about but it's nearly every game. 

Slow, laboured, no cutting edge, sit back and counter, when we score try and defend with 9 men behind the ball. 

Im not the kind of person who expects us to go up thinking we have a god given right, I do however have common sense and can see a host of teams in and around us who are playing way better and if we continue in the same vein we will not make play offs. It really is that simple. 

As i said before you should be manager if you can't do that and if you find it so painful watching us stop watching stop going do something else with your time instead of wasteing it on here you pillock 

Edited by Corneliusreeve

Guest Copthorneowl

Come on lads we're all owls lets just accept we all see games through different eyes andcanhave completely different opinions let's not get owl against owl.