Favourite ever SWFC player?

When I was eight me and my sister had a rabbit and a guinea pig, got to name one each. She called the guinea pig Toby. I called the rabbit Sheridan. Neighbours just thought I was trying to be posh like Hyacinth Bucket. lol

Loved Worthington, Pearson, Nilsson and (later) Pressman, Di Canio, all of 'em...dammit I loved that whole team/few years. Magic for me aged 7-12. John Harkes nearly bought the house next to ours when he first came over here, was so excited. Ended up going to Jamie Hoyland's brother. Was gutted. (Absolutely superb bloke though, it turned out, really lovely man.)

Recent years, Lee, Westwood and Hutch. FF has put the dazzle back in. Talent all through the team. Great times are back. Being a kid on the Kip now must be almost as good as it was for me in early '90s.

Edited by Mr. Tom

7 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Viv Andersen.

At 35 could barely run but an amazing defender and used to love it when he went up for corners, lethal in the opposition box. Looked really skinny but was a strong fella. 

when he came and played at full back I though Atkinson had dropped a right clanger ......

Also fully agree with the graham Hyde love. Brilliant player. Weighed about 10 stone wet but 9 stone of that was heart. Had absolutely no fear going smashing into the likes of Roy Keane. Really good player and definitely one of my favourite players over the years.

must say I always loved big Gerald as well. 

Massive soft spot for Hyde. As a kid, and not necessarily the biggest, I adopted him as some kind of role model and threw myself into every game and challenge like the man himself! 

Overall fave ever player is a tough call between Waddle, Carbone, or Emerson Thome....

Sod it, Thome wins cos I loved his song!!

13 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

No contest David Hirst 

For me, Di Canio purely for footballing skill and ability does contest David Hirst along with Waddle, Dan Petrescu and Roland Nillison.  Don't get me wrong they are all footballing gods in my eyes but I can't decide who out of those stand above the others.  All of them to me have equal merit.