why is the signing a "a loan now, buy later" deal?

Is this the same FFP - and let's not forget that stands for Financial Fair Play - that means relegated teams from the PL get £87M gifted to them over 3 seasons?

You know what, fück the FFP. Break it and when they come knocking tell them to do one. Fair play my arse!

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Wrong choice of words then. We haven't released all of the money yet. Like people have said it probably works out better for us to do it this way. 

I hadn't had the chance to read up on it today but assumed it wasn't "option to buy".

We might've paid a loan fee but if the contract is til 2021 (assuming it can be broken down by years) starting in the summer it likely spreads the cost out. We seem like we are being quite creative with it, but surely we must be near the limit. 

54 minutes ago, Kameron said:

FFP is over a 3 year period so any transfer paid now or in may will still be in the same period.

But the transfer will be paid in June/July, meaning it will come under next seasons figures and for the 3 years from them.

I would imagine it means we may not spend too much in the summer though (if we don't go up)

51 minutes ago, Kameron said:

FFP is over a 3 year period so any transfer paid now or in may will still be in the same period.

It's a rolling 3 year period. So, the first one is 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19. Then 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, and so on. So by paying Boro after the 2016/17 season, the Rhodes fee will fall into the 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 three year period.

This means the Rhodes fee will be calculated over 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 period and not be impacted on the £millions we've shelled out in 2016/17.

Guest Kameron
6 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

It's a rolling 3 year period. So, the first one is 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19. Then 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, and so on. So by paying Boro after the 2016/17 season, the Rhodes fee will fall into the 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 three year period.

This means the Rhodes fee will be calculated over 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 period and not be impacted on the £millions we've shelled out in 2016/17.

The 3 year period to be looked at from the 01st of March 2017 goes back to the 14/15 season so there will defiantly be no issues with FFP, after reading how it works the reason for the loan is to get the money owed into the next 3 year FFP period.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Because DC and his advisor's are 99% more clued up than the barrack room accountants, FFP 'experts' and self appointed know alls on here who said it couldn't happen, wouldn't happen and would plunge us into imminent Armageddon if by some miracle it did happen.

Most of them stuck a 'FACT' after it to give their misguided views some sort of gravitas.

Next time maybe, trust in the people who actually know what the score is rather than the people who think they do. 

16 minutes ago, Kameron said:

The 3 year period to be looked at from the 01st of March 2017 goes back to the 14/15 season so there will defiantly be no issues with FFP, after reading how it works the reason for the loan is to get the money owed into the next 3 year FFP period.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

And it related to the length of the contract too. So Rhodes on a 4 year contract is £2.5m (assuming the £10m fee is correct) a year over the 4 years. Conveniently helps over a 3 year FFP audit!

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

You are only partly correct. It will also fall in to the 2015/2016, 2016/2017 & 2017/2018 period, and will continue to be included until 2019/2020.

It's not the first time and DC seems to like that sort of deal. Hooper, Pudil and McGugan came to us on loan first. I'd like to think that if McManaman played well we would be in prime position to get him too as I can't see him getting a game at WBA. It makes good business sense but there's also a history at clubs where players play well on loan and then when they get a nice contract drop down a level or two into a comfort zone. I guess that's the risk you take.

11 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Is this the same FFP - and let's not forget that stands for Financial Fair Play - that means relegated teams from the PL get £87M gifted to them over 3 seasons?

You know what, fück the FFP. Break it and when they come knocking tell them to do one. Fair play my arse!

I said this earlier in another thread. FFP is worth keeping but only insofar as it protects clubs and assets from unacrupulous owners. As for wealthy owners, meh, if they have it and are willing to spend it then why not. Just as long as the club doesn't end up saddled with unneccessary and unserviceable debt and without a home ground or training facilities. In the context of parachute payments it's anything but fair. 

Another option is to completely rethink the parachute system. But I don't see that happening.

Edited by themaskedowl

14 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Very clever , astute dealings.

3 year season tickets to get funds in , players out on loan , Rhodes on loan and buy later.

DC is going for it this season for the anniversary.

Believe.

Ok lets tell derby barnsley fulham to ease off then