Bristol City vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

One of the things I like about Carlos is he's perceptive and isn't as stubborn as other managers. Yes, he has his favourites like all of them do (Wallace springs to mind), he's recognised that Pudil needed dropping and given Fox a go, at an appropriate time given he's now had a good few weeks to bed into the squad. Very pleased with that team selection.

Wish he'd be more adventurous out wide.

Wallace and Reach don't offer enough out wide for me, why not go for it and have McManaman or FF playing wide. Seems so negative against a side we should have no fears of brushing aside tonight.

I hope the players are more focused than I am at the minute. I'm a mess!! 

I'm a believer in the Wednesday way but tonight let's put this in the past.

Come on you blue and white wiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzrds 

Edited by 1867tons

10 minutes ago, owlandished said:
               Apps        Gls
Westwood 103 0

Palmer 130 1
Lees 105 3
Loovens 95 1
Fox 1 0

Wallace 66 4
Jones 16 0
Bannan 61 3
Reach 23 1

Forestieri 59 22
Winnall 3 0

Wildsmith 9 0
Hunt 51 0
Sasso 16 0
Abdi 11 0
McManaman 3 0
Nuhiu 136 19
Buckley 8 0

Total 896 54

Ang on a minute. Wallace got two in the play offs and scored tother week and hes scored a few other scorchers.

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wish he'd be more adventurous out wide.

Wallace and Reach don't offer enough out wide for me, why not go for it and have McManaman or FF playing wide. Seems so negative against a side we should have no fears of brushing aside tonight.

They can be less adventurous than we'd sometimes want, but I think it would be harsh to drop Reach after he played his best game in ages last time out. Wallace is more of a Carlos favourite I'll concede.

8 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Ang on a minute. Wallace got two in the play offs and scored tother week and hes scored a few other scorchers.

These are league appearances and goals only - excludes Cup and play offs

Edited by owlandished

17 minutes ago, Reyt Part Timer said:

I am really nervous about Fox.  I see him as one of the enemy!  Doesn't feel right having him in a  Wednesday shirt.  His signing came right out of the blue to me, and he has a lot to prove.

Why what has he done, was he born in Heeley Bottom ffs. Give it a break and him a chance.

on another note I'm not Wallace's greatest fan but he comes up with some important goals, we don't have many who can score from outside the box.