Bristol City vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Apps        Gls
Westwood 103 0

Palmer 130 1
Lees 105 3
Loovens 95 1
Fox 1 0

Wallace 66 5
Jones 16 0
Bannan 61 3
Reach 23 1

Forestieri 59 23
Winnall 3 0

Wildsmith 9 0
Hunt 51 0
Sasso 16 0
Abdi 11 0
McManaman 4 0
Nuhiu 137 19
Buckley 8 0

Rhodes 0 0

Total 898 56

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We had 3 strikers available. No Joao, Hooper or Fletch for different reasons.

Many were saying Winnall had barely touched the ball, so what option did CC have left? Couldn't play FF lone striker. 

We had footballers on the bench and then Nuhiu. Abdi could have gone into midfield behind FF.

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

9pts off reading there out of sight .derby are miles better than us .only chance is Huddersfield slipping up but then Norwich could take there spot. Negative Carlos 's tactics with Jones and bannan in midfield then chucking nuhiu on .leaving abdi on bench and usual 5 mins for mcmanaman. If we lose or fail to beat wigan he has to go.cant put up with watching any more of this tepid negative football 

think if you've only lost 2 out of 13 you'd be a tad unlucky to get the sack .....

29 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Unlucky tonight but Derby are showing how you deal with sides struggling at the bottom. 

It will be a tough run in if we keep making things difficult for ourselves.

Beginning to think that the run in wont matter as we will be too far out of the top six by then

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

Beginning to think that the run in wont matter as we will be too far out of the top six by then

you don't want to think that mate ....10 home games in the last 17 matches should see us in contention .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

you don't want to think that mate ....10 home games in the last 17 matches should see us in contention .

Come back tomorrow your positivity I fear is wasted tonight. Nice to see balance though for what's worth! 

Carlos isn't doing terribly, it's just that unfortunately for him (and us) Wagner, Stam and Monk are playing absolute blinders and turning mid-table teams into top-six ones. Were it not for those three, there would be a lot more room at the top. We're not going up. I'm pretty sure of that now. Promotion-winning teams have a composure about them, and they can hold a lead. Let's be honest, and forget it's Wednesday who've been at Bristol tonight. If it were any other team who'd lost a lead twice there, bearing in mind their terrible form, would you hand on heart say that such a team was promotion-winning material? I don't think so. A draw might be OK for a middling Championship team, but not for one which aspires to promotion. Such teams find a way to win.

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Carlos isn't doing terribly, it's just that unfortunately for him (and us) Wagner, Stam and Monk are playing absolute blinders and turning mid-table teams into top-six ones. Were it not for those three, there would be a lot more room at the top. We're not going up. I'm pretty sure of that now. Promotion-winning teams have a composure about them, and they can hold a lead. Let's be honest, and forget it's Wednesday who've been at Bristol tonight. If it were any other team who'd lost a lead twice there, bearing in mind their terrible form, would you hand on heart say that such a team was promotion-winning material? I don't think so. A draw might be OK for a middling Championship team, but not for one which aspires to promotion. Such teams find a way to win.

well that counts leeds and derby out then ...leeds lost there and derby drew ......

1 hour ago, Jon Adam said:

2-2 away isn't terrible, although the result against the opposition leaves a lot to be desired.  Need to learn to go hell for leather sometimes instead of sitting back.

How

many games is it going to take to learn though we do it way too often 

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

As you say it SHOULD see in contention, not if we play like we did against Ipswich or Rotherham or most of the home matches this season, as I say with the way we are playing and the points we are throwing away I am worried

9 hours ago, prowl said:

What a set of drama queens. A point away is never bad. OK we should have won this on paper but sh*t happens. Get over it, move on. We go again..

I agree

however we do seem to go out of our way to stand by a sewer outlet 

3 minutes ago, Lowieowl said:

People must remember that we had 4 very good players out ( Lee,Hooper, Fletcher and Hutch) yet still deserved to win the game. My advice is to chill out, put the telly on tonight and check out our U18 against Chelsea. Carlos will come good !

Still 54 points to play for

12 hours ago, torryowl said:

well that counts leeds and derby out then ...leeds lost there and derby drew ......

Yes, but Bristol weren't on the run of form they've been on recently when that happened. It didn't have to be Bristol, it could be any team in that position.