Everton still keen on signing George Hirst

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

They must be really keen, what was it they offered ?  £1m? For a top English goal scoring prospect.?

I presume they missed a nought off the end.

If they really want him it will cost them a packet, we've no need to sell. Those days are gone. 

Well said mate.

sorry just dont agree with the sell him posters

we simply would not get what he's worth to us in the future who knows later on this or next season

we'll get offered  just a valuation of him now

not our call but I'd much rather keep him  and .....Everton pffft   We are Sheffield Wednesday FFS

Just now, David1867 said:

If Everton want him then I'm sure they will put up enough cash to take him. 

People talking about him "languishing in Everton reserves", if we sign Jordan Rhodes what exactly will he be doing here? 

Everton are a club with good values and are prepared to give young lads a chance. Look at their recent transfer dealings, it isn't all just for the here and now they are also signing plenty of quality young players to develop into first team players. 

If he was my son I'd encourage him to go, there are no certainties in football but the money he would earn probably would give him a very nice start in life. 

Why can't we do the same?

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Unfortunately this is spot on. If they offer a big fee with add ons for making the 1st team, so many appearances, so many goals, full international appearances plus a percentage of any sell on fee then I'm afraid we'd have to seriously consider it.

Bongo! Lump sum, Santa clauses galore, and a sell-on big enough to get Theresa May wet. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, S36 OWL said:

Hirst is our future, DC knows this ,and we dont have to sell to raise money. 

I expect DC to tell Everton to FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK OFF 

Hirst is our past. Let the name go. 

I will give you a re-jig of the "Whatever it takes" Chansiri quote. If it takes selling a hot young prospect to fund the current needs of the club, I expect it to happen. Just like Barnsley had to let Hirst Snr. go all those years back for relative peanuts. Chansiri's mindset will be about getting to the Premier League as soon as possible and what is needed to do it. The future after that will be taking very much a back seat.

If this is legit, and not agent spin (and it might), the only reason I can see Everton wanting to do a deal is because someone else is sniffing. Or, it's an in before the value shoots up bid.

Either way, he should look at it. Everton academy is pretty reasonable, and he might find a route to top flight football there. Whereas unless he literally becomes the next David Hirst,  there's no chance we are going to gamble on a young lad ahead of forestieri, hooper or winnall. 

If Everton want him, they'll get him. But if we can get some good money for a lad with barely any first team experience, it's not a disaster. It's a sign of how crap our academy has been that we're suddenly so flustered about having young players attract interest. 

49 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

What is he worth though? If we were a premier league team eyeing up a championship clubs young striker that has only played a few minutes at pro level, what would we say he was worth? A pittance probably.

Lookman just went for 10 million, yes he played more in the first team ( in the pub league) but he has 2 years on George.

Just now, Greenhgate Owl said:

if his surname was anything different.no one would care

I heard this said before several times and I dont agree we just shouldn't sell our young prospects 

if colin fecking west's son showed the talent that george has i wouldnt want to sell him