Everton still keen on signing George Hirst

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So I've spoke to a friend who's very involved at Everton

Sounds like they're prepared to do whatever it takes to make this move definitely happen

OMG...add Neil to the ITK list. How involved? Was she good? 

George Hirst is all about what may or may not happen in the future. The club has more pressing needs about what might happen now and the imminent future. If the funds raised from the sale of Hirst can fund some of the club's current needs, so be it he goes. That's life and that's reality.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

George Hirst is all about what may or may not happen in the future. The club has more pressing needs about what might happen now and the imminent future. If the funds raised from the sale of Hirst can fund some of the club's current needs, so be it he goes. That's life and that's reality.

Alas...reason. 

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

This. There is a food chain in football, and we aren't near the top. This is the bit Barnsley fans can't work out. 

They must be really keen, what was it they offered ?  £1m? For a top English goal scoring prospect.?

I presume they missed a nought off the end.

If they really want him it will cost them a packet, we've no need to sell. Those days are gone. 

38 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

True, but a bit less wastage on our previous dealings, might have meant we needn't have considered selling Personally, I don't think we will sell

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox
Just now, prowl said:

They must be really keen, what was it they offered ?  £1m? For a top English goal scoring prospect.?

I presume they missed a nought off the end.

If they really want him it will cost them a packet, we've no need to sell. Those days are gone. 

Going by what they paid for Lookman, suggests they're prepared to stump up for young talent. 

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Unfortunately this is spot on. If they offer a big fee with add ons for making the 1st team, so many appearances, so many goals, full international appearances plus a percentage of any sell on fee then I'm afraid we'd have to seriously consider it.

10 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

To be honest if he got sold what are they going to pay. I would say they won't pay more than a million for potential for a young lad who has hardlt played in a first team (yet).

At the minute He is only worth more  to US.

Agree with this.

They're like all the other arrogant premiership Tw**s.

Want fortunes for their players and want to pay peanuts for other club's up & coming talent.

As far as i can see we aren't desperate for money and if we were there are plenty of assets we could flog that wouldn't even make a ripple.

Even if we were stupid enough to sell him (which i would hugely doubt). The stupid, no mark scouse w****s wouldn't even be able to hold on to him anyway if he proved to be what we think he may be.

They couldn't keep hold of their own young superstar Rooney when the 'big boys' came calling.

He's English, he's a striker and he's currently the best at his age in that position.

His potential worth if his progress continues and goes the distance is beyond measure.

Why would you sell your best potential asset for a few quid.

As Carlos says "We are Sheffield Wednesday".

Not Sheffield United!! 

If Everton want him then I'm sure they will put up enough cash to take him. 

People talking about him "languishing in Everton reserves", if we sign Jordan Rhodes what exactly will he be doing here? 

Everton are a club with good values and are prepared to give young lads a chance. Look at their recent transfer dealings, it isn't all just for the here and now they are also signing plenty of quality young players to develop into first team players. 

If he was my son I'd encourage him to go, there are no certainties in football but the money he would earn probably would give him a very nice start in life.