please carlos, reach is useless, drop him

Whether Reach is good enough or not is immaterial. Can we get it into our heads that, in modern day football, to pay £5 million for a player, ANY PLAYER, is no guarantee that you are buying another Lionel Messi. If, as most of our supporters seem to think, a fee of that price means you are buying what I would term a 'journeyman' player and not a star who is guaranteed to change everything overnight. Many clubs pay much more than this for a squad player..

As for his tackling,  it is obvious to me that, from the way our team instinctively backs away, especially our full backs alone, shows that this is the way Carlos wants the game played.  Unfortunately for him, he came in at a time when a sub was needed for Pudil, and he fitted in nicely. The idea that he should be cover for Pudil when both are playing is ludicrous. It means that we are in effect playing with two fll backs and no winger.

The main problem came to me when listening to W'player when we played Huddersfield, and I had to stay home and listen. Whenever we got a throw in, we had to delay since 'no one seemed to want the ball, and no-one to throw it to.' I comment on this regularly. I think this is one of our main problems.It is not that we don't have speedy players. All our forwards  and many of the midfield are speedy, but slow off the mark. I can't help thinking that this is due in a large part to the 'solid defending' attitude that CC is instilling into the side. 

40 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Reach seems to be taking over from Nuhiu as a hate figure

This is the crux of the matter. 

There always has to be one.

And when you're the target nothing, but nothing will stop them being blind to your contribution. 

Adam Reach played very well last night.  I actually don't think he's an out and out winger.  He's probably most suited to wing back.  Given how Carlos likes his full backs to attack and Hutchinson drops between the centre halves, I would start him at full back as Pudil has been dreadful for a while.

I think he has been burdened with the £5million plus fee on his shoulders and he's not worth that money yet.  I see plenty of potential in this lad though and I think he will be a very good player in time.  You can tell he's a good footballer with a very good attitude but there is a lot of room for improvement and development.

4 hours ago, clampyowl said:

tried being patient with him, don't care how much he cost, he passes backwards (and sometimes to the opposition) every time he gets the ball, we can't break quickly with him in the team, he literally is one of the worst signings ive seen at.Hillsborough in my.35 years of watching em, we have serious potential to be a good side,.but its.time to bite The bullet and admit we've bought a stinker here, anybody who see's him as a good player is more optimistic than ill.ever be

Bannon, Reach, Loovens  and Lees were the only ones who aquited themselves well last night. 

He's an ok player at the moment nothing else, Hopefully he will come good but at the moment his 1 big plus is his workrate. 

He needs to be more positive with the ball as last night a couple of times he dropped us in it with sloppy passes backwards when he was isolated with there full back but took the easy option.

Got to improve the technical side as his control seems so hit and miss plus as mentioned above his passing is sloppy.

Also if he's going to be played at left back occasionally he has to switch on as Knockart was his man who he simply lost for the winner last night.

Personally I'd try him on the right as he doesn't seem to have the pace or willing to get round the back of a full back so won't be a left winger as such.

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

Dont understand your post. Boro havnt lent him. We bought him. Boro are in the Premiership. A bit confusing. I thought he was mom last night  . Had to cover for Pudil and was making runs inside although i would have preferred to see him run down the wing but i dont think thats his game. Carlos needs to tell him to keep wide. 

Boro loaned him to PNE last season

so we paid 5m for a player on the back of a season being loaned to PNE

if he wasn't good enough for Boro to use for promotion, he's not good enough for us either.

@Bluey9 too