pudil

From the day he arrived, I've said Reach for the full- (wing-) back role.

I'm not so sure now.

Too often he back out of a 50:50 challenge. Understandable for a winger. Unacceptable from a defender.

I thought Reach was poor on Friday, but I've seen quite a bit of praise for him. I must have a blind spot. So I'd agree with FF wide left, Winnall and Hooper up front, but with Fox at left back. (By the time of the next match Fox will have had three weeks to get up to speed on our style.)

Can't believe I've seen someone say they disagree with OP and that the first goal wasn't his fault 

lol 

leave a player like AK that much space and he's going to punish you. 

Pudil was marking space, space never scored a goal. 

43 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Havnt we got 2 proper LB's in Fox & Urby? Shouldnt one of them be playing leaving Reach further forward which is supposed to be his normal position. 

Playing Reach on the left wing isn't working imo.

He's not really doing anything.

He's not cutting in to allow the left back to go round him and he doesn't run at the fullback either, all a bit easy and safe.

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Playing Reach on the left wing isn't working imo.

He's not really doing anything.

He's not cutting in to allow the left back to go round him and he doesn't run at the fullback either, all a bit easy and safe.

Swap him for Rhodes, then everyone's happy

He wasn't that good last season.. LOOK at how many goals we conceded from crossing situations last year where he wasn't tight enough stopping the cross or on back post. The difference to last season is we had more of the ball and attacked so fans didn't really see him get exploited. Give Fox or go. Or even Reach, once Pudil went off Friday, Brighton did sod all.

5 hours ago, A12owl said:

Havnt we got 2 proper LB's in Fox & Urby? Shouldnt one of them be playing leaving Reach further forward which is supposed to be his normal position. 

FF is a better LW than Reach right now, and Reach looks better at LB than Pudil.

Hooper, Winnall and Fletch are out and out strikers, which FF isn't.

All makes sense in my world.

8 hours ago, Coyt said:

This is spot on. As you say there was a number of occasions last season, the one that really sticks in my mind is Rotherham at home. Grant Ward who was playing for them at the time had an absolute field day on the right and if memory serves me right the goal came from a ball from Pudils side? The amount of space and time he gives oppositions wingers is crimimal, even Tom Ince at Derby this season was embarassing him every time. 

Yeah unfortunately for us, any half decent winger turns him inside out.

59 minutes ago, darra said:

Think Pudil needs a rest he's played non stop for a season and a half. The play-offs then the euros have taken their toll I reckon.

Yeah he's leggy as hell, still a good solid LB for me and decent getting forward but he badly needs 2-3 weeks off, looks on the verge of collapse some weeks.

Edited by Mr. Tom