Steven fletcher and his massive wages

just feel like signing fletcher was a huge mistake for one he's never been worth 30,000 a week don't get me wrong his touch with a ball is class but he's not a prolific goal scorer and he's the reason FF got face on with him getting paid this amount and us buying him this Audi R8 car totally lost his head today didn't really do anything when he was on pitch just like Huddersfield game last week surely we could have spent better. 

Edited by Wadsleybridgelad

Agree that he's paid enough to stay professional but otherwise his wages aren't really any great concern of ours. It's not like £1.5m over a year is gonna make the FFP difference between being able to sign the mythical "player who'll take us up" and having to sign some woeful joker instead.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 hour ago, Wadsleybridgelad said:

just feel like signing fletcher was a huge mistake for one he's never been worth 30,000 a week don't get me wrong his touch with a ball is class but he's not a prolific goal scorer and he's the reason FF got face on with him getting paid this amount and us buying him this Audi R8 car totally lost his head today didn't really do anything when he was on pitch just like Huddersfield game last week surely we could have spent better. 

I wish he'd have taken the penalty.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He is clearly a better penalty taker than Nando. He wouldn't have missed.  However, he was poor again when he came on and totally lost his head!

It's a strange one for me.

At the time I thought it was the worst signing in the world, but as I've watched him. I've changed my mind. 

He's definitely better up top with hooper alongside him. Not ff. He would probably work better with win all who has that extra yard of pace.

The key for my as we've seen before is to move ff out to the left. That then unfortunately leaves the left back exposed.

8 hours ago, Wadsleybridgelad said:

Ever had a bad day at the office??

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

It's a strange one for me.

At the time I thought it was the worst signing in the world, but as I've watched him. I've changed my mind. 

He's definitely better up top with hooper alongside him. Not ff. He would probably work better with win all who has that extra yard of pace.

The key for my as we've seen before is to move ff out to the left. That then unfortunately leaves the left back exposed.

Funnily enough, I thought the opposite. I thought it was a great signing, exactly what we needed. A 'better' version of Nuhui with a track record of goals at this level and above. 

Not done enough for me, and that's partly down to the system we play. Fletcher is a player that needs wingers to get to the line and ping crosses in. Our wide men come back inside, give it Bannan, who tries a Pele ball, every time. It's not Fletchers game, and his game is now restricted to challenging for 50/50 balls from Westwoods goal kicks. 

7 hours ago, Wadsleybridgelad said:

You roll the dice and take your chance...

He did okay when he came on but the red card was stupid and not something you would expect from someone that has been in the game so long. Him and SH wages should be used to pay back the travelling fans or fine them both and give the money to charity. 

Edited by WalthamOwl