2 TEAMS

Currently at top of championship 

Brighton

Newcastle

Both teams have been scoring heavily for fun!

We've played Brighton twice and in my opinion we was better side in both games narrowly losing both times and before kick off tonight most on ere thought we was due to get battered but had we scored the penalty very different game on our hands yes we list but I'm not too disheartened.

An Newcastle we won 1-0 decent clean sheet played fantastic!

We are still 8n playoffs with every chance of winning it considering teams in there!

Bit of frustration tonight in the end but we are wednesday we pull our socks up and move on!

Don't fall to pieces wenldnesdayotes!! 

Keep the faith.

On Fri Jan 20 2017 at 22:58, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Brighton

Newcastle

We've played Brighton twice and in my opinion we was better side in both games narrowly losing both times and before kick off tonight most on ere thought we was due to get battered but had we scored the penalty very different game on our hands yes we list but I'm not too disheartened.

An Newcastle we won 1-0 decent clean sheet played fantastic!

We are still 8n playoffs with every chance of winning it considering teams in there!

Bit of frustration tonight in the end but we are wednesday we pull our socks up and move on!

Don't fall to pieces wenldnesdayotes!! 

Keep the faith.

Tell me you are kidding when you said we were the better team against Brighton at Hillsborough? They were miles better than us in every department. They beat us with10 men on Friday.

On 20/01/2017 at 23:58, steveger said:

problem is the "could" bit....

we should have had them tonight...

This.

It's the same every time, we get ourselves in very good positions where you'd say, win this and we'll be in the top two or run this and the gaps 2 points. Problem is we ALLWAYS without fail Roger it up, and that what's really peeing me off now.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Tell me you are kidding when you said we were the better team against Brighton at Hillsborough? They were miles better than us in every department. They beat us with10 men on Friday.

As I remember we had a staggering 25 shots at their goal and could have nicked it! Not like we got battery we only lost 2-1 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

This. As Tom Lees said, good teams don't do what we did on Friday. Some of our passing in last 20 minutes was a disgrace. We invited the pressure on and got what we deserved. How we are 6th is beyond me based on our performances. 

Edited by djstatic

1 minute ago, djstatic said:

This. As Tom Lees said, good teams don't do what we did on Friday. Some of our passing in that 20 minutes was a disgrace. We invited the pressure on and got what we deserved. How we are 6th is beyond me based on our performances. 

Good teams incrementally end up where they deserve to end up, When has a "bad" team ever won a division.?

At the minute we sit 6th, you don't go halfway through a season based on "luck", whether it be good or bad, it simply doesn't happen.

I thought at the start of the season it would be an ask to repeat last seasons performance, I still think it a big ask, the teams in the league are stronger, sure the performances against Preston etc were poor, but Preston are not an easy team to beat, We beat Barnsley with a struggle, look at them last night.

Its mainly a war of attrition for most of the teams in the Championship from virtually top to bottom.

Its totally kneejerk on here at the minute, overboard cos we beat Newcastle narrowly, then suicidal cos we lost narrowly to Brighton..The rest of the of it is simply the attritional stuff you get in the Championship, most teams performances reflect that, not just ours

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

We got hammered by Brighton at home...

On 20/01/2017 at 22:58, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Brighton

Newcastle

I get the feeling you'll be in the minority here. Man for man at Hillsborough the Brighton side did a number on us. We had spells of dominance on Friday but not enough to say we were the better side. We were better when we were playing against 11 in the second half than we were playing against 10.

1 minute ago, Babushka1867 said:

I get the feeling you'll be in the minority here. Man for man at Hillsborough the Brighton side did a number on us. We had spells of dominance on Friday but not enough to say we were the better side. We were better when we were playing against 11 in the second half than we were playing against 10.

Maybe so I don't think we were as good as we could have been bit slow off the maro but to say we got battered is absolutley ludicrous!

Screenshot_20170122-155644.png

Just now, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Maybe so I don't think we were as good as we could have been bit slow off the mark but to say we got battered is absolutely ludicrous!

Screenshot_20170122-155644.png

Yes it is ludicrous because I said no such thing!

The possession is a myth this season because teams are just letting us play it around at the back with no pressure on the ball. Only when we get into their half do a lot of teams apply pressure to us. One shot in five on target is quite awful. Hooper scored our consolation goal with virtually the last kick of the game.

31 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Good teams incrementally end up where they deserve to end up, When has a "bad" team ever won a division.?

At the minute we sit 6th, you don't go halfway through a season based on "luck", whether it be good or bad, it simply doesn't happen.

I thought at the start of the season it would be an ask to repeat last seasons performance, I still think it a big ask, the teams in the league are stronger, sure the performances against Preston etc were poor, but Preston are not an easy team to beat, We beat Barnsley with a struggle, look at them last night.

Its mainly a war of attrition for most of the teams in the Championship from virtually top to bottom.

Its totally kneejerk on here at the minute, overboard cos we beat Newcastle narrowly, then suicidal cos we lost narrowly to Brighton..The rest of the of it is simply the attritional stuff you get in the Championship, most teams performances reflect that, not just ours

Yeah I am kind of thinking Leicester are a bad team now.

lol