PANIC (maybe)

Tonight didn't go according to plan.

HOWEVER

We actually acquitted ourselves fairly well after the penalty miss but let's be honest Knockheart was the difference from the first minute.

Be more direct in the second half of the season and we'll be ok for a top 6 finish. Reach looked more dangerous in the last ten mins when all he had to worry about was his wing play and delivery than covering / playing narrow.

I love Carlos and I think he is the man for the job but he needs to take a leaf out of the Paul Sturrock how to play direct football manual.

Winnall is a decent striker but unless we have a change of mindset he'll get 5-6 goals the rest of the season, likewise Rhodes if he ever joined......McManaman could be our Knockheart if he can stop acting like a "billy big balls, hold me back lads, I'm up for a fight" 

Hutch and Fletch should be fined, senior pro's idiotic behaviour and CC has to hang them out to dry. Everything we did well at Newcastle, tonight was a complete role reversal.

We should have won tonight and the opportunities were there to make another statement to the rest of the teams in the chase unfortunately we've come across as a sulky kid who bottles it under pressure then kicks out in frustration at the nearest target.

1 minute ago, Box_Man said:

We should have won tonight and the opportunities were there to make another statement to the rest of the teams in the chase unfortunately we've come across as a sulky kid who bottles it under pressure then kicks out in frustration at the nearest target.

I sort of agree. I think what makes me really angry is the way we spectacularly threw the game away despite holding all the aces.

We need to be less sloppy and more professional. And we need to be ruthless and punish teams when we're in an advantageous position like we were tonight. We need to WANT to win.