Brighton 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday. Official Matchday Thread.

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

I can make out half of what you`ve typed,so the last bet you made you lost? not the best start hey?lol

For sure you looked for how old I was,yeah sure you did that instead of just asking me:rolleyes:,negging me,commenting randomly on threads I posted in and then finally flouncing when you get `internet upset`.

Look kid you clearly had `angst` last time and now this time but lets get back on track, like I say it`s subjective, the pundits say it wasn`t a yellow and Pudil`s was,the ref gave Pocognoli a yellow and didn`t book Pudil,refs get it wrong it happens kid.

So like I said that's a no then...... tell you what let's pick this back up when you have courage and conviction in your views until then adios, the bets there if you grow some young un. 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, kidc77 said:

So like I said that's a no then...... tell you what let's pick this back up when you have courage and conviction in your views until then adios, the bets there if you grow some young un. 

You off flouncing again? thought you were good on the `wind up`?

"pick up" what? ooh you want to bet me you are right and I`m wrong? look kid if it `kicks your ego` I`ll let you have the win,one condition though.you pay £20 to SCH?

Deal or no deal?

Win win for you then kid! 

You see this is the thing with you bluesky  you just talk absolute gash constantly and bore people out of debates, 

if if you don't want to take the bet that's fine, but don't snake around it with bobbar talk. 

Im happy to be proven wrong independently by a referee, your not that's fine, no need to bore me to tears and make excuses. I'm off to watch paint dry now, it's better than reading your tripe

Guest mrbluesky

And so it begins! first the negging...:rolleyes:

I`ve already explained to you or shall we do `Ground hog day`?(although with the above happening it seems that way)

I`ll bow to your superior knowledge as long as you pay £20 for the privilege.

Deal or no deal?

You get a referee that agrees with you then along comes another that disagrees,it`s called `subjective`

Subjective...

based on or influenced by personal feelings,tastes or opinions

Watch Sky when they have ex refs on and how they agree/disagree.

Tonight has illustrated just how poor Carlos is at managing a game, as situations change and maybe that he hasn't engendered a sense of self discipline among the players.

Despite his ongoing support of Hutchinson and saying how he will not ask him to change his approach to games, the time has now come for him to advise him to reign in the ridiculous challenges before he becomes more of a liability than an asset.  There is still plenty of time to secure a top 6 place but we need a more consistent attacking approach and a sense of responsibility throughout the side to ensure that this match does not become a negative turning point in he season.

Guest Copthorneowl

Just got back from the match, reading the very critical observations clear mostly these are  tv views.

Weve dominated possession and failed to beat probably the best team in the league by simply missing a penalty. Anybody crucifying FF for that wants to grow up - poo happens. If the pen goes in we win by one or two.

Granted we lost our discipline towards the end and their second should not have been allowed to get through. 

We were not crap as is being suggested we deserved no less than a draw but realistically should have won. No excuses for Hutchinson (should be fined) or Fletcher saw him in the car park spoke to him he was gutted.

Reach in my view needs a rest as does Bannan some Hollywood football but getting caught in possession more and more. Brighton fans whistling at Westwood their  goalie wasted much more time, Knockhaert better diver that Nando any day complete great player and cheat.

Devastating result but the best team lost imo. 

Continue to lack a cutting edge in the box first half ours and the second but all in all a really bad day at the office.

Was lucky to be in the directors box spoke to Chamsiri and thanked him on behalf of all Wednesdayites for his continued largesse   

he was gutted at the end and didn't stay behind for a binge.

UTO keep the faith and remember it's not Carlos's fault we missed a pen and lost our discipline he was well peed off with SH and rightly so.

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Just got back from the match, reading the very critical observations clear mostly these are  tv views.

Weve dominated possession and failed to beat probably the best team in the league by simply missing a penalty. Anybody crucifying FF for that wants to grow up - poo happens. If the pen goes in we win by one or two.

Granted we lost our discipline towards the end and their second should not have been allowed to get through. 

We were not crap as is being suggested we deserved no less than a draw but realistically should have won. No excuses for Hutchinson (should be fined) or Fletcher saw him in the car park spoke to him he was gutted.

Reach in my view needs a rest as does Bannan some Hollywood football but getting caught in possession more and more. Brighton fans whistling at Westwood their  goalie wasted much more time, Knockhaert better diver that Nando any day complete great player and cheat.

Devastating result but the best team lost imo. 

Continue to lack a cutting edge in the box first half ours and the second but all in all a really bad day at the office.

Was lucky to be in the directors box spoke to Chamsiri and thanked him on behalf of all Wednesdayites for his continued largesse   

he was gutted at the end and didn't stay behind for a binge.

UTO keep the faith and remember it's not Carlos's fault we missed a pen and lost our discipline he was well peed off with SH and rightly so.

I always think you are a voice of reason but Bannan and Reach stood out a country mile tonight as our two best players. Bannan was all but back to his best, pulling all the strings from CM. Reach had pace, strength and energy all night.

What did you think of Nando tonight? On tv he looked completely out of it.

Forget the pen of course. Everyone misses a penalty unless your name is le Tissier.

Guest Copthorneowl
18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I always think you are a voice of reason but Bannan and Reach stood out a country mile tonight as our two best players. Bannan was all but back to his best, pulling all the strings from CM. Reach had pace, strength and energy all night.

What did you think of Nando tonight? On tv he looked completely out of it.

Forget the pen of course. Everyone misses a penalty unless your name is le Tissier.

Watched it back and my 'at the game assessment'  of Bannan was wrong he did well it honestly didn't seem it live. Reach worked his socks off gave the ball away too much but overall did well. We did not threaten 10 men enough after Murray went off not sure that's CC s fault although he sets the tactics.

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Watched it back and my 'at the game assessment'  of Bannan was wrong he did well it honestly didn't seem it live. Reach worked his socks off gave the ball away too much but overall did well. We did not threaten 10 men enough after Murray went off not sure that's CC s fault although he sets the tactics.

Often happens to me at Hillsborough. I miss things live that seem obvious on tv when you see the entire pitch. Bannan was a ray of hope tonight cos he was back close to his 15/16 CM best. I bet the Brighton fans picked him out as our threat.

@Copthorneowl did you ask DC if he assigns the players shirt numbers? Was mentioned in the TV commentary.

On the match, we miss a play maker who can provide service to the front 2. We seem to work it around the middle third then look for a wide man to pump in a cross. Winnall tonight and then Fletch become isolated. Opponents just sit off until we given them the ball back.

Tonight, missed penalty aside, we didn't create much and when they went to 10 men we looked no better.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Often happens to me at Hillsborough. I miss things live that seem obvious on tv when you see the entire pitch. Bannan was a ray of hope tonight cos he was back close to his 15/16 CM best. I bet the Brighton fans picked him out as our threat.

BB always seems to put a shift in but my view is he's having to so too much and he'll burn out soon and become ineffective.

Reach, I've not been convinced by in the few times I've seen him. Good left foot but seems to get caught in possession or gives the ball away cheaply at times.

Just now, edmontonowl said:

BB always seems to put a shift in but my view is he's having to so too much and he'll burn out soon and become ineffective.

Reach, I've not been convinced by in the few times I've seen him. Good left foot but seems to get caught in possession or gives the ball away cheaply at times.

Bannan thrives on having the ball. He can't get enough of it. And unless his foot pain troubles him I wouldn't worry about his energy. 

Reach is is like a Rolls Royce. I'm really impressed. He eases past defenders when he has the ball at his feet unlicky Stockdale pushed his fizzing shot cleanly wide.

BB central, FF wide, Reach LB, Hooper CF. Four excellent players in prime roles. We will miss Fletch though. Hooper/Fletch is easily our best duo. 

47 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

And your view on Nando last night?

I know you love him to bits, but didn't you think he had a game to forget? Prior to the game, some thought the nippy Nando and Winnall would give the Brighton CBs the runaround. But in reality they never got a kick. It was only when FF drifted wide that he got his one moment of joy. And poor Winnall had nothing.