Abdi vs Lopez

Lopez improved a hell of a lot after the new year and as others have said showed a lot of quality. Biggest thing for me was his improvement in his physical side to his game, he looked far to lightweight in the early starts. Really hope Abdi kicks on because i think we have potentially one of the best centre mid players in the Championship in him.

34 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Central midfield is his best position , when he is fit surely he has to get a run in the team ? Take Bannons place if need be 

so carlos would have to change the tactics then ....why would he want to do that just to accommodate abdi when the results are so good at the moment ....I don't think changing how we play just so we can get him in the side is the way to go .maybe abdi could play the bannan role of playing really deep but whether he can play it better  as to be debatable .the old saying of "if it aint broke don't fix it "springs to mind .

41 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so carlos would have to change the tactics then ....why would he want to do that just to accommodate abdi when the results are so good at the moment ....I don't think changing how we play just so we can get him in the side is the way to go .maybe abdi could play the bannan role of playing really deep but whether he can play it better  as to be debatable .the old saying of "if it aint broke don't fix it "springs to mind .

He wouldn't have to change the tactics he would have to change the personal in Bannan which would be a good thing at the moment.

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He wouldn't have to change the tactics he would have to change the personal in Bannan which would be a good thing at the moment.

I doubt very much that abdi could play bannan's  role ....playing so deep would be totally alien to him and he doesn't have bannan's pace or workrate to get up and down like he does .I really don't get this lets have bannan out the team that a lot seem to advocate .he does a good job for the team in a role that's probably not his preferred position .abdi as done absolutely nothing to suggest that he could play the position better than bannan , he may well be a better player in his favourite position but how we play that position isn't on Carlos's radar at the moment .

8 hours ago, prowl said:

A fit and in form Abdi is a better player than Bannan. The question is can we find a way to get the best out of him. It doesn't look good at present.

he probably is a better footballer than bannan but to alter a winning way of playing just to get a player in the side cant be right unless its a truly outstanding player and abdi  as given us no indication that he's one .......maybe if we go on a losing run carlos will change his ideas but until that happens its got to be better to stick with what is working .