Jordan rhodes

6 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

What is Rhodes actually worth in today's market?

Logically:

Surely less than Gestede and Bamford, otherwise Boro wouldn't have needed to sign them...

He's surplus to requirements at Boro and they want to get rid...

He's not played for ages and will take time to get fit/sharp...

Clearly a bidding war could hike the price, but anything over £4M would be too much IMO.

Agreed still worth bidding price up shove a rival into the black mark :P everyone has FFP looking round hillsborough the amount of times see chansiri name he cutting a few corners to be able to stick more money in pot :D bojan transfer request so another striker in front of Rhodes there's a bigger chance now. Yes don't need him but I would be happy if signs also means he can't score past us . . . Again!!! 

38 minutes ago, nebneeb said:

Logically:

Surely less than Gestede and Bamford, otherwise Boro wouldn't have needed to sign them...

Clearly a bidding war could hike the price, but anything over £4M would be too much IMO.

Think his value is more what his proven goalscoring record is worth to a Championship team chasing the pot of gold to the Premier League than his value to Boro.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Wood and Rhodes combination would be an interesting one - and not sure it would work very well.

I must say I have a feeling Leeds will come in for him. Call it apprehension if you will. Or call it likely if you a pessimist.

If the deal is right for this club I'm sure DC will make the correct decision. What he has shown in his brief spell in charge is that not only he, the manager and the financial advisers are  acutely aware of the rules and regulations regarding FFP and have been very open with the fans about the limitations. I can not see us going in for him on a permanent basis unless Boro are prepared to take a really cut price deal which would be unlikely given that this is generally speaking the most expensive window as clubs panic and are willing to pay over the odds. My guess is the offer would be a loan until the end of the season with the option to buy, with Boro having to take a sizable portion of his wages, perhaps even as big as a 50/50 split, but as others have said this would probably be right at the end of the January Window.  

Personally any forward who scores goals in this league would always be a fantastic addition and this is as good as any opportunity to take one of the divisions most sought after commodities, and remove some of the fringe players from the match day squad and replace with genuine like for like quality.  

This kind of deal would, yes limit our options in other areas of the pitch in terms of recruitment for this window however would undoubtedly give us the strongest forward line in the division rivaled only by Newcastle, there was a lot of talk last week about the need for another center midfielder to cover Lee, however we still have realistically 4 players vying for those two spots in the center of the park. 

Whatever is decided and whoever is brought in this window Just remember, so far DC has been extremely cautious when investing in a player and only does so if the deal suits us. Enjoy the ride. 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Rhodes til end of season would make sense. If we go up we send him back, if not we negotiate a permanent deal. 

Cant see anyone paying owt like £12m for him ATM. 

That's the spirit......thanks for helping us up Jordan........ta ta back to Boro ?

1 hour ago, matt_johno43 said:

If the deal is right for this club I'm sure DC will make the correct decision. What he has shown in his brief spell in charge is that not only he, the manager and the financial advisers are  acutely aware of the rules and regulations regarding FFP and have been very open with the fans about the limitations. I can not see us going in for him on a permanent basis unless Boro are prepared to take a really cut price deal which would be unlikely given that this is generally speaking the most expensive window as clubs panic and are willing to pay over the odds. My guess is the offer would be a loan until the end of the season with the option to buy, with Boro having to take a sizable portion of his wages, perhaps even as big as a 50/50 split, but as others have said this would probably be right at the end of the January Window.  

Personally any forward who scores goals in this league would always be a fantastic addition and this is as good as any opportunity to take one of the divisions most sought after commodities, and remove some of the fringe players from the match day squad and replace with genuine like for like quality.  

This kind of deal would, yes limit our options in other areas of the pitch in terms of recruitment for this window however would undoubtedly give us the strongest forward line in the division rivaled only by Newcastle, there was a lot of talk last week about the need for another center midfielder to cover Lee, however we still have realistically 4 players vying for those two spots in the center of the park. 

Whatever is decided and whoever is brought in this window Just remember, so far DC has been extremely cautious when investing in a player and only does so if the deal suits us. Enjoy the ride. 

Extremely cautious yet half our signings don't get a game!

I would think the reason SW are interested in Jordan is because we need to have enough quality and firepower to win a play-off final. looking at our current strikers, Joao and Nuhiu don't look as though they will ever score again, George Hirst won't be ready and Fletcher isn't prolific enough. We only have Fessi, Winnall and Hooper as real strikers and one injury would reduce us to two with nobody to come off the bench. This won't be enough if we are playing someone like Leeds and is why we need a striker of the calibre of Jordan Rhodes.

6 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

I'm personally bored of hearing this buttttttttt!!! Middlesbrough are in for a permanent switch of bamford so surely Rhodes is surplus to requirements can we get him now at a bargain. 

Have you voiced your concerns with the Plaintiff ? 

4 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Aye, Huddersfield was a high category game - understandable given league position and a local derby. Should have got him a ticket for the home game before - £20 for the same seat!

He doesn't live around here anymore so was great to take him to a game again while he was on a visit

Edited by Ian_D

8 hours ago, nebneeb said:

Logically:

4m are you mad. Just about every team in the championship would have bout him if the price was 4m.