Jordan rhodes

10 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I'm personally bored of hearing this buttttttttt!!! Middlesbrough are in for a permanent switch of bamford so surely Rhodes is surplus to requirements can we get him now at a bargain. 

I'm personally bored of hearing this - so I'll start yet another Rhodes thread.

5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Who pays £40 a ticket?

And even if everyone in Hillsborough paid that made up price, we still would struggle to afford Rhodes on a permanent basis at Championship level.

its 36, 39 and 43 nearly every game.

How is that not C. £40?

3 minutes ago, Cersei said:

its 36, 39 and 43 nearly every game.

How is that not C. £40?

1. You didn't say circa £40.

2. c. 20,000 inside Hillsborough this season are season ticket holders who paid nowhere near £36/39/43 a match.

3. A percentage of those inside Hillsborough this season will be members, who also don't pay £36/39/43 a match.

4. A percentage of those inside Hillsborough this season will be entitled to concession prices, which aren't £36/39/43 a match.

5. How many games this season have been the £36/39/43 category?

But you already know this!

Middlesbrough are also after another forward, Stoke's Bojan, so it's a good bet Rhodes will go this transfer window, either permanently or on loan (for about £2 million).

Much as I would like to see JR in an Owls' shirt I think it's too much to pay for a player that will probably not be the difference between play-offs and automatic. If Villa want to splash the cash, so be it, they might then lose one or two of their other targets.