Bitter on Tap

Guest domSWFC

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

I know, I'm surprised they didn't gen gen press the referee a bit more if everything was against them. 

They didn't even kick off, they just accepted it, clearly no one on the pitch felt it was "offside". Granted I'm glad it went on lol 

Edited by ohgoditsjames

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

Wagner's Huddersfield have scored 1 goal against Carlos' Wednesday in 4 matches, conceding 7 and losing all 4 matches. Add to that that he's desperately thrown centre backs up front in 2 of those matches and it makes you think it's a little more than luck.

I also find their borderline obsession with Forestieri quite hilarious.

And yet even though wagner has a shocking record against us, theres a couple in that thread who would love to meet us in playoffs. Feelings mutual lads lol

38 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

You do know that it's still offside because it's an outfield player instead of the keeper? Genuinely worried some fans don't know the offside rule. 

I have been amazed in the last 24 hours how many people do not know the offside rule properly. 

If the player is nearer to the goal line than 2 of the opposition players at the moment that the ball is played foward to them then they are offside. It is any 2 opposition players . One of them doesn't have to be the goalkeeper.  Oh and it has never been the case that one of them has to be the goalkeeper. It is just usually keeper and one other as the keeper is usually last man.

Ie 2 opposition players have to be between you and the goal if it is played forward to you

Edited by owlfandbg

1 hour ago, domSWFC said:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/102925/sheffield-wednesday-away?page=20

Enjoy.

We are lucky, the refs gave us every win this season. We spent loads of money just so we could compete with the likes of the Mighty Huddersfield and we are dirty!

I like Huddersfield Fans, they are hillarious. 

I thought they would be happy extending their unbeaten run yesterday 

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Wish people would stop saying we were awful in the first half..you not learnt that you should judge a game over 90 mins..both teams were set up tactically to not concede first half and if a chance arrived make the most of it..fans dont seem to understand this..

Absolutely bang on there.Great post that.:manager:

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

According to them Barnsley and Rotherham we've been poo in all 3 games against them. 

9 points - goals conceded nil. :ghoulguy:

And I totally agree, we have. But let's face it, we don't need to be anywhere near our best to beat any of these 3 teams.

2 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

I'm not having any of this Wagner's a tactical genius that is put about in the media. If in doubt stick 2 big lumps upfront. Genius.

Carlos isnt adverse to doing that himself with Dave and Joao