Reach

5 hours ago, domSWFC said:

I've been critical of him so far this season. But I really want him to do well.

Not a great game, but he is starting to show glimpses of what he's capable of. He's getting his confident back now, and I think there's still much more to come from this lad.

My view too. The good thing is he doesn't hide ( so the critics have a field day), but the talent and potential are obvious.

Udders game plan was clearly to launch it over his head into the corner at every opportunity what with Warner waving his arms to lob it forward and I admit he struggled.  Again I think ppl are expecting him to be Messi and he's not so they label him Messy.

It's unfair, because his workrate is excellent and stats rarely lie, but you can't explain that to a fool. 

The Reach who was at Preston was much more attack minded.

Like Karanka before him CC doesn't usually like players to risk losing the ball by getting on the outside and crossing, or crossing from deep. I think that has effected players like Reach and Hunt and explains why we rarely saw Buckley and Mcmanaman was on the bench. He likes us to keep possession.

Reach for me is a proper 'team' player. He's being asked to play differently from previous sides he was in, and personally I don't think his natural game has been seen to best effect. That said, he is in the firing line because of his tremendous work rate, which makes him more visible at times. 

I would like CC to give him licence to have a go more, but I think the kid is doing ok.