Reach

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

NO idea what some people are watching.

He was the worst player on the pitch easily.

Hardly touched it first half and gave it away every time he got second half - sometimes in embarrassing fashion.

Got absolutely lambasted by Wallace and Bannan in first half on separate occasions - rightly so.

Suppose the opta stats are kicking around somewhere, would assume it includes how many touches he had in the first half.

If it proves i am wrong and he did actually have a mare, i'll hold my hands up!  

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

NO idea what some people are watching.

He was the worst player on the pitch easily.

Hardly touched it first half and gave it away every time he got second half - sometimes in embarrassing fashion.

Got absolutely lambasted by Wallace and Bannan in first half on separate occasions - rightly so.

I remember one moment in the 2nd half their player plays a stray ball towards reach on the half way line....

perfect opportunity to run onto it,run at their defence & exploit the space left by the right back....

his first instinct was to turn back. He missed controlled it and the ball went out of play.

summed up his afternoon for me. I can't fault the effort he puts in but he seems scared/low on confidence with the ball at his feet.

if he's to continue at LM he needs to ask more a lot more of the opponents full back.

12 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

I don't think Reach understands what he should be doing, it's as if CC has confused him, mind you, judging by the overall first half performance, I think they were all confused!!

In my opinion I think CC hasn't confused any of the players. All he's done is merely confused some who post on here. The old fashioned systems that British football supporters and players were brought up on is long gone. Under Carlos we have a shape and the players work within that framework.

For instance when we play out from the back we go 3-5-2, in press-defence we are 4-5-1, in attack we are 4-4-2 and the players are comfortable back-filling their mates when it necessitates it. It's not "oh he's a left winger, and he's a centre forward" anymore. Players seem very capable of filling other positions despite their "own".

16 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Suppose the opta stats are kicking around somewhere, would assume it includes how many touches he had in the first half.

If it proves i am wrong and he did actually have a mare, i'll hold my hands up!  

Looked at the stats, and to be fair his rating isn't the greatest today although he did have more touches than FF so not strictly true he hardly touched it, but hands up, maybe not his greatest game.

However, using the exact same criteria and stats it shows he is the 4th most useful player in the squad, so maybe a bit of a witch hunt going on because of his transfer fee and maybe some people see what they want to see. Which on today's evidence possibly includes me, or maybe i just don't like players singled out when it isn't universally deserved!

I thought he had a good game. Same as Wallace. They are clearly given a cautious brief by Carlos. They cover the full backs first half and second half start to move inside more.

Reach plays very intelligently in whatever position we put him. He keeps possession well and linked up well with Bannan and FF second half.

Quite why people want to be negative after a good performance against a good team is beyond me. Have a day off.

I thought Reach was quiet especially first half but thought Pudil was terrible today, maybe it knocked Reach's confidence in commuting forward as he was wary of covering for Pudil, who knows. Saying that the first half was poor all around but thankfully we got out arses in gear second half. Hopefully some lessons have been learnt and we improve.

Edited by robowl4life

2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think one of the reasons we're disjointed as a team at times is Reach. I am not sure what he offers to the side TBH. Despite his physical stature, he doesn't seem to be strong enough in the tackle or in the air. He doesn't seem to have confidence in possession and he's very ponderous in his play at times. He's not an orthordox winger that's for sure. I wonder if CC has done the lad any favours by playing him at left back this season? One things for sure I can't see CC dropping the lad anytime soon because of the price tag and in all fairness this isn't helping either the lad or CC.

bang on

Reminds me of Petter rudi, not a bad player but not a proper or remotely dangerous winger who will attack full backs, launch counters and get dangerous crosses and shots in (1 goal, 2 assists to date)

Not convinced his position is nailed on yet, could be better at centre mid if bannan ever out, not pacy enough for a young winger, but good engine for box to box centre mid and decent passer.

If he could add to his shooting and tackling he could be nearer a £5m centre mid than a £1m winger imo

Edited by Ash77

Reach needs dropping for a couple games!

He is a definate weak link in the side and backed up with Pudil we are heavily exposed down the left hand side. 

Carlos sticks with him at the mo probably due to him being the dearest contracted player on the pitch (purchase wise).

Drop him and put fessi on the left to offer competition for places and he will improve 

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

The person who sits behind me will disagree but i think he is class.

Same. He's got miles to go too. I think he'll become very, very good. He certainly lacks confidence at the moment but he's flipping young for the way he plays – easy to forget he's the same age as Joao, who comes on and actually looks like an overgrown kid. Reach looks like an old head sometimes, but he's got some right spring in his step when he lets loose. I'm excited about watching him develop.