Reach

Guest domSWFC

I've been critical of him so far this season. But I really want him to do well.

Not a great game, but he is starting to show glimpses of what he's capable of. He's getting his confident back now, and I think there's still much more to come from this lad.

8 minutes ago, Kameron said:

flipping awful, couldn't trap a bag of sand,  FF should be on the left.

Reach has had enough chances now. Should be benched and either FF left or McManaman come in for him.

Considering the competition he's not playing well enough, time for a kick up the backside for him.

Edited by swfc-dan

Don't see the hype regarding him at all. Not quick or skillfull enough to beat a man, never shoots, never crosses, leaves his man constantly when defending, too lightweight and we spent 5 million on the kid. Bet middlesborough are weeing themselves! People seem to think cause he's young its an excuse, drop him next game FF on the left

If forrestieri was playing like this we'd be wanting rid. 

I think he's a solid first team player. He works very hard. Maybe people are expecting him to be dancing past players or tearing down the wing. But I think he does a lot of donkey work. 

We haven't seen the best of him going forward yet but he deserves his place. 

I think one of the reasons we're disjointed as a team at times is Reach. I am not sure what he offers to the side TBH. Despite his physical stature, he doesn't seem to be strong enough in the tackle or in the air. He doesn't seem to have confidence in possession and he's very ponderous in his play at times. He's not an orthordox winger that's for sure. I wonder if CC has done the lad any favours by playing him at left back this season? One things for sure I can't see CC dropping the lad anytime soon because of the price tag and in all fairness this isn't helping either the lad or CC.

23 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

I've been critical of him so far this season. But I really want him to do well.

Not a great game, but he is starting to show glimpses of what he's capable of. He's getting his confident back now, and I think there's still much more to come from this lad.

For me he's starting to show glimpses of what he's incapable of. Without Lee or Abdi we have no-one in the middle who gets forward so the wingers need to offer a greater threat. He offers no threat at all. How many crosses has he made since he arrived? He just stands still near the half-way line and lets Pudil charge up and down the wing past him. Pudil was playing left back and left wing today while Reach did nothing. When he did get the ball he gave it away more often than not 0 but most of all he barely touched the ball - offered nothing. Like everyone else I'd love him to turn into the player someone thinks he is but for me his honeymoon period is over.