Just when we were back on track?

1 hour ago, Bobster01 said:

He legally set up  a new club, so that means we cannot br prosecuted I am pretty sure.

Thought the PLC was closed down, but re-opened a couple of years ago pending an investigation? Sure the PLC would still be linked to the club we know today.

I'm no business or legal expert though!

2 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Thought the PLC was closed down, but re-opened a couple of years ago pending an investigation? Sure the PLC would still be linked to the club we know today.

I'm no business or legal expert though!

The PLC was disbanded shortly before our relegation from the Premier League as we didn't have a pot to wee wee in, and were not making enough for it to be financially viable if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

+1 from me. Well, not for a minute or so anyway. I find it difficult that the enquiry did not find the fans partly to blame, they didn't have to do what they did at the ground. Then again, it would have caused public outrage. Also, there were lots of Liverpool fans in the Gateway carpark at 8.30am as I walked down to do do the weekly grocery shop. Rumour has it that the Pheasant had been drunk dry too having just received a new delivery. Don't even start me on the politician who made clubs put up fencing in the first place and wasn't even considered in the inquest. A fair enquiry? Not in some respects

Some of the above  is what I don't like. The reports of drunken fans. Fair enough the victims might not have been drinking but to say drinking of other fans was not a factor is a bit naive.  Also ticket less fans. I still am thankful I didn't swap my shift with a Liverpool fan who wanted to go , he didn't have a ticket but told me him and his mates would do what they always did push the gates until they were let in or the gates gave way.

Edited by darra

31 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The PLC was disbanded shortly before our relegation from the Premier League as we didn't have a pot to wee wee in, and were not making enough for it to be financially viable if I remember correctly.

It was dissolved in June 2011, Milan bought Sheffield Wednesday fc limited.

The old board dissolved the PLC.

The PLC was reinstated a year or two ago due to a compensation claim. It's currently listed to be struck off again. 

There are no directors in the PLC either.

19 minutes ago, darra said:

Some of the above  is what I don't like. The reports of drunken fans. Fair enough the victims might not have been drinking but to say drinking of other fans was not a factor is a bit naive.  Also ticket less fans. I still am thankful I didn't swap my shift with a Liverpool fan who wanted to go , he didn't have a ticket but told me him and his mates would do what they always did push the gates until they were let in or the gates gave way.

You're right, It's probable those who got in early hadn't been drinking and they were some of the unfortunate people at the front, or at least pushed there, but to totally exonerate all fans is suspicious 

28 minutes ago, darra said:

You're right, It's probable those who got in early hadn't been drinking and they were some of the unfortunate people at the front, or at least pushed there, but to totally exonerate all fans is suspicious. I just hope that those fans that did stampede have the conscience of guilt for the rest of their lives  

Sheffield Wednesday PLC, which was the registered company back then, are no longer operating i believe. 

I would also imagine CC and MM have had lawyers all over this since day 1. 

I sincerely hope the families get justice. There has been a monumental cover up, and those behind it need to be brought to justice.  The things i've read about our custodians back then is disgusting to be honest. And then in later years a particular chairman wouldn't even have a memorial built - offered a plaque next to some bogs. 

I hope our club's name is not dragged through the mud again....at no point have media outlets explained we're completely different now. Owned by new people, run by people not even around back then, supported by thousands of fans who weren't even born. Start showing the faces of our old CEO and Chairman rather than our logo. 

19 hours ago, darklord said:

Sky said 23 individuals identified but only 8 of those from the police investigation so that leaves 15 from elsewhere. 

I would imagine they must be fans who've admitted entering the ground without a ticket?

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I would imagine they must be fans who've admitted entering the ground without a ticket?

No fans did that , it was quite clearly established that the fans are in no way to blame , that's the truth and the whole truth especially if your from Liverpool.