Just when we were back on track?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/hillsborough-investigators-identify-23-criminal-suspects-1-8331234

Still unsure as to exactly whether anything can be brought against the club itself, when all of this is completed - of course people need to be brought to account, as with any criminal investigation up and down the land but the club itself, surely cannot be held to account when it's in diff hands etc?

For e.g. imagine having problems with your neighbour that resulted in some VERY bad happenings and ultimately that neighbour moved on before it was all dealt with to the end... then a new neighbour moves in and it turned out they were able to be fined, jailed or such like ... surely it's more out of completeness and nothing stupid would be handed down?

These are criminal investigations, not civil ones (eg where they could sue the institution of SWFC) so it'll only be the individuals who could be criminally liable and prosecuted.  If they've done wrong they should be arrested and brought to justice, but don't see how this can undermine us now.

We really should know down Leppings Lane and totally rebuild now (stadium changes not under FFP) to banish that stain from our ground forever.

16 minutes ago, rotherhamowl123 said:

We all know it's down to money and has been from day 1. Sure the press will be having another dig at us and praise for those all so innocent scouse fans who have never done anything wrong anywhere !!

I very much doubt thats the case, anyone who lost a loved one immediately thought of compensation?

If it had happened anywhere else in the country bar Hillsborough, the vast majority of comments like this would get f.ookin' slaughtered on here

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Milan wound up the company as was and started under a different name to negate any potential actions against the club as it is now? Something like it was Sheffield Wednesday Football club Ltd and now it's swfc holdings or some such jiggery pokery.

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I very much doubt thats the case, anyone who lost a loved one immediately thought of compensation?

If it had happened anywhere else in the country bar Hillsborough, the vast majority of comments like this would get f.ookin' slaughtered on here

whilst this is just my opinion and I respect yours do you really believe that the current action is nothing to do with money..??

The justice was done with the last enquiry so illuminate me as to what this is??

Just now, Lythamowl said:

whilst this is just my opinion and I respect yours do you really believe that the current action is nothing to do with money..??

The justice was done with the last enquiry so illuminate me as to what this is??

The inquest verdict was unlawful killing. The natural next step is a criminal investigation - it has nothing at all to do with money.

7 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

No doubt now there are some involved that are hoping for money, how else do you quantify justice when 96 folk have died...sayin' "Sorry" ain't quite gonna be enough is it.

My post was in response to the "From day 1" comment, which I think ridiculous.

If you were involved in a car crash, and the other driver simply said "oops my fault sorry about that mate"..be fair enough would it?

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, darra said:

When all this started I'm sure the representatives of the families said it wasn't about money it was about getting justice. Well they got that.

I can understand what you're saying but the lies,deceit and also if it was my son/daughter I would fight for justice and money and anyone saying they wouldn't are talking soft.

Not trying to create an argument because this topics been done to death but burying a loved one especially a son or daughter is one I don't ever want to do,so compensation is small recompense for these people.

This sorry affair has dragged on way to long unfortunately :sad:, it's ruined so many lives and closer to home damaged our club for years to come.

when will this ever end, god bless the innocent victims and let them rest in peace, apart from them all other concerned parties should question themselves and their actionson that sad day, no single element is to blame, let it rest.

13 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

+1 from me. Well, not for a minute or so anyway. I find it difficult that the enquiry did not find the fans partly to blame, they didn't have to do what they did at the ground. Then again, it would have caused public outrage. Also, there were lots of Liverpool fans in the Gateway carpark at 8.30am as I walked down to do do the weekly grocery shop. Rumour has it that the Pheasant had been drunk dry too having just received a new delivery. Don't even start me on the politician who made clubs put up fencing in the first place and wasn't even considered in the inquest. A fair enquiry? Not in some respects

Criminal could mean action taken by breaches against the H&S act. I remember SWFC paying some form of fine/compensation after the events, but not sure if this was related to any failings of duty in line with the act. There is the corporate responsibility which hold Directors of companies liable but I believe that part of the act came in later so presumably wouldn't retrospective apply.

16 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I'm sure it was said under the Milan years that the club had insurance to cover any damages demanded from Wednesday (think it would need to be civil not criminal charges anyway for that to happen).

He legally set up  a new club, so that means we cannot br prosecuted I am pretty sure.