Conor Hourihane

7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If Hourihane is out of contract then they have one arm up their back.

But if Villa come in and offer 4m for a guy with six months left we have no chance surely?

Think their focus, it seems, is on getting Henri Lansbury.

Hopefully they get him & we swoop in with an 500k offer + a beres pork sandwich.

Rumours are that 2000 angry, disgruntled Barnsley fans are in there garden sheds now training there pet Ketrels to do some low flying over Hillsborough Saturday to  "attack attack attack" the horrible Weds fans, South Yorkshires very own version of "The Birds"

39 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

How is his heading ability and presence/height . I would like to see some added height in our "dwarf" midfield, Hutchinson apart. We lose out a lot in midfield through lack of height and always useful when defending corners and free kicks. Asking a lot I know....looking for the perfect midfielder I suppose, for not a lot of money.

Average is the word he used, but that's not why he's in there, for the aerial stuff. Once panto season ends, our midfield will be fine...:ph34r:

22 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Rumours are that 2000 angry, disgruntled Barnsley fans are in there garden sheds now training there pet Ketrels to do some low flying over Hillsborough Saturday to  "attack attack attack" the horrible Weds fans, South Yorkshires very own version of "The Birds"

2000 weedy kestrels are no match for 28,000 Owls 

Guest RocketOwl

Football is a funny old game.

If you had said 6 months ago that two of our January signings to push us into the top 2 would be signed from Barnsley - imagine the scenes.

Hourihane looks exactly what we need to replace Lee. Energy, creativity and goal scoring ability. 

Would be very happy if we pulled this off. Surely with his teammate already signed up that's got to go in our favour

Is a very good player one too good for Barnsley. 

Like others have said we should be going hard after him, as he's just what we need as a goalscoring midfielder now Lee's out. I'd say it's essential Lee is replaced unless Abdi someone reenters the fold, as we are really low on goals from midfield.

See he started out at a prem academy in sunderland which didn't suprise me. Well they must have poached him from Ireland, wish we'd do more of this getting young promising players from ireland or those released from prem academies.