Attendance v Huddersfield?

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

Me and the missus are coming... Flew over from the islands today, driving up from Cornwall on Friday, hope that the artic forecast doesn't scupper us, never driven in snow before!!

Great commitment that you come all that way - do you get to most games?

I'd love to Doctor John, but with the air fare for me and Jane coming in at £250, car hire and two nights at the Hotel Leopold in Sheffield the total cost comes in close to £500 !!

Im not complaining, I love visiting Hillsborough...next trip will be the Newcastle game.

4 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

They are in top 6 play-off position,  only just down the road and a "local"  derby aswell....  I really don't udderstand it? 

Madness.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, they're paying £6 more than we did at theirs earlier in the season...a day their supporters had cheap tickets, too.

4 hours ago, scilly owl said:

I'd love to Doctor John, but with the air fare for me and Jane coming in at £250, car hire and two nights at the Hotel Leopold in Sheffield the total cost comes in close to £500 !!

Im not complaining, I love visiting Hillsborough...next trip will be the Newcastle game.

Good effort is that. Aren't there any flights that would get you further north, so you have to drive less, or do all flights to the mainland just go to Cornwall? I know you can fly from Newquay to Donny.

5 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Pfffffft. Bloody part-timer.... 

lol 

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

22000 as there will be a cold wind and a risk of snow showers

oh ho!! you said the S word 

health and safety will be all over it now  -paths damned tricky with snow on em, not to mention the near lethal snowball aspect 

1 hour ago, Sam779 said:

Huddersfield have sold less than 2k.

They're all whinging about the price and loads "boycotting" because of it.  I pointed out to the ones whinging that we paid £30 when they paid £10.  The response: "Yeah but you got to see a good team".  I pointed to the scoreline and walked off laughing.

They just don't have the depth of fan base to sell more than 3k even if the tickets were £2.50.

Just not bothered...

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

They're all whinging about the price and loads "boycotting" because of it.  I pointed out to the ones whinging that we paid £30 when they paid £10.  The response: "Yeah but you got to see a good team".  I pointed to the scoreline and walked off laughing.

They just don't have the depth of fan base to sell more than 3k even if the tickets were £2.50.

True. They can't get em in at home.

6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

They did in Dec 2011.

6 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Wow. Hope it's a five nil scintillating victory, you win the half time draw, and you and Jane get picked for the 7 ball kicky thing (if they can find some balls this week).

If it's nil one and utter crap, and we hear two people booing, we will cut you some slack.

21 hours ago, scilly owl said:

Perfectly understandable! Incidentally, the hotel Leopold is my old school (The Central Technical) - there are some old pictures in the foyer area.

Up the Owls, John