Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

Just now, Saxondale said:

500k would be an absolute no brainer steal. But most fans won't be happy unless we spunk £10m on someone.

Agreed.

It wouldn't be 500k tho.

Probs more like 2 million. Which is still a good price for a proven goalscorer who is on the rise.

34 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You hold an odd opinion of this lad.

Anything round the 2 mill mark and I can't see how we could go wrong for an in form 25 year old.

But that's just a different opinion.

Yep, its only my opinion, but he looks a typical lower league striker to me. Sometimes they do come good though, but I think we've wasted too much money already this year

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Yep, its only my opinion, but he looks a typical lower league striker to me. Sometimes they do come good though, but I think we've wasted too much money already this year

You're right that we have wasted a scandalous amount of money. No doubt about it.

i just think there isn't a risk with this lad, and he'd hit the ground running hard

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

But we bring nuhui or joao on. Who have no goals this season.  Can be be any worse? 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fair enough but I don't think he will be a waste.

Also excellent in the air, which no one seems to have mentioned.

35 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Thats scuppered the deal then.

Who should we get?

We have Hooper, and Forestieri, we don't need anyone else. He isn't a patch on those two, so it would again be a case of bringing in someone who's not even as good as what we have. Fletcher, Joao and Nuhiu are plenty enough back up

Guest domSWFC

If this is gonna be done, it'll be done early. 

Barnsley won't want him going at the last minute, leaving the scampering around for a striker, then being held to ransom and paying the odds.

If the right offer comes in, he'll be on his way and they can look for a replacement. They won't want to lose him for nothing in the summer. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

We have Hooper, and Forestieri, we don't need anyone else. He isn't a patch on those two, so it would again be a case of bringing in someone who's not even as good as what we have. Fletcher, Joao and Nuhiu are plenty enough back up

Why isn't Winnall any better than Joao or Nuhiu? Most things point to him being better.

33 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Why isn't Winnall any better than Joao or Nuhiu? Most things point to him being better.

Well he might be better, though that's debatable, but why do we need to add yet another player who isn't good enough to get into the starting eleven. He's only ever scored eleven goals at this level, so he's hardly a sure fire winner

4 minutes ago, darklord said:

But we bring nuhui or joao on. Who have no goals this season.  Can be be any worse? 

This is really hurting us , im suprised we are still in the p/o We have 4 out and out strikers and only 2 of them are scoring 1 has been out for weeks with injury (hooper)and the other is a little quiet(fletch)