Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

I think get Winnal in and soften the blow with LJ on loan till the end of the season, good deal all round but figure nearer the million mark

if anyone thinks Dave is decent back up then I guess mid table championship football is about our lot.

id love to take a gamble on pinching judge before he gets up to speed and the price gets hiked up again 

9 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Yet another ex scunny striker.   Steve McLean, Gary hooper.   Cheaper to find out who scouts centre forwards for scunny. They've had loads decent forwards over years.  We rarely find any.  Back in the day they discovered Barry Thomas and Kevin Keegan. They keep finding them, selling them, and finding others.  Billy sharp is another.  Don't we scout school kids?  

Too true. They went through a spell of selling a centre forward every summer for wads and getting a replacement in for peanuts who carried on where their predessors left off,  banging them in for fun. 

McLean, Keogh,  Sharp, Hayes,  Patterson, Hooper, off the top of my head. 

Their striking scout is certainly worth his weight.

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Too true. They went through a spell of selling a centre forward every summer for wads and getting a replacement in for peanuts who carried on where their predessors left off,  banging them in for fun. 

McLean, Keogh,  Sharp, Hayes,  Patterson, Hooper, off the top of my head. 

Their striking scout is certainly worth his weight.

They're a bit like Peterborough in that respect, other clubs will ponder a player for ages, but Scunny and Peterborough take a chance where others hesitate

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

They're a bit like Peterborough in that respect, other clubs will ponder a player for ages, but Scunny and Peterborough take a chance where others hesitate

Exactly,  so I want to hear that you're 100% behind us taking a chance on Winnall!! 

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Exactly,  so I want to hear that you're 100% behind us taking a chance on Winnall!! 

Can it really constitute a "chance" when the lad is sixth top scorer in this league and has on his own scored more than a third of the goals we as a team have managed in that time? :biggrin:

Edited by StudentOwl

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Well he might be better, though that's debatable, but why do we need to add yet another player who isn't good enough to get into the starting eleven. He's only ever scored eleven goals at this level, so he's hardly a sure fire winner

would swap both for Winnall and drive them there,they are awful get rid soon as!!!!!

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, for the sort of money Scunny would be looking to pay. 

Well that's where the gamble is relative isn't it.

Scunny gamble on players from the 4th division and non league.

They have a lower budget.

We gamble on a player from our own division in fine form and we have more coin than then to do it.

Good job we got Adam Reach when we did,no matter what price with Pudil and that other fella being injured we 'd have been without a leftback for half the season up to now,Oh hang on ,we could have gone and asked Jeremy to help us out,he's still signed on isn't he.

God there's some bright lads on here.  

Evening guys, first off there is no point signing Winnall without signing Hourihane, and that is unlikely.  

As some of you have alluded to, Winnall is a finisher, he feeds off exceptional service provided mostly by Hourihane, he rarely creates chances, and his biggest problem is picking up the ball deep, he is poor on the ball, though he is a grafter.  If you do buy him you are paying for his goals, which aren't guaranteed in my opinion.

Fortunately for us, we already have his replacement in Tom Bradshaw who i believe is the better all around player.

Personally for me, anything above 500k is acceptable considering he hasn't signed a new contract.

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not yet, but I've yet to see why he should be valued anywhere near £5m, have you?

I like Reach, he has the abilities to become a £5m player but consistency, stamina & concentration need to improve somewhat before our reported £5m outlay looks nothing more than an expensive gamble.