Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

Leading race to sign Sam according to this.

Transfer Centre Live@TransferCentreL Jan 10

Sheffield Wednesday are leading Brentford and a host of other Championship clubs in the race to sign Barnsley striker Sam Winnall.

Just a little more confirmation,I suppose.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

This would be a great double signing on the cheap. Imagine being a dingle fan knowing that the two players that have carried them to promotion and to the bro is of the playoffs might be leaving for peanuts to join us. I kind of feel for them, in a smug way.

id be very impressed though with this business for football reasons 

out of interest does anyone know what goals and assists each player has this year and how's that stack up against what Barnsley had scored? Reason why I ask is cause these seem to be the only names that ever stick in my mind when Barnsley score 

Guest domSWFC
5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Leading race to sign Sam according to this.

Transfer Centre Live@TransferCentreL Jan 10

Sheffield Wednesday are leading Brentford and a host of other Championship clubs in the race to sign Barnsley striker Sam Winnall.

Just a little more confirmation,I suppose.

Winnall is already in, pretty sure of that.

Hopefully Hourihane follows. 

A few random thoughts over the Sam Winnall & Conor Hourihane saga.

-Both players started in 2 successful Wembley outings, last season.

-Hourihane is captain of Barnsley.

-Hourihane would be a ready made replacement for Kieran Lee.

-Winnall has 11 league goals & could spell the end of Lucas Joao or Atdhe Nuhiu (Especially if we try to progress George Hirst)

-April 1st, Barnsley Away fixture will be very feisty with bitter dinglings.

In terms of need, due to Kieran Lee's injury. Conor Hourihane has to be the key target.

1 hour ago, Arnold said:

What did the text say? 

Sorry I thought it had already been posted somewhere on here. I've tried finding a copy of it to post it as I know it's been sent around but as that thread has been deleted I'm not able to find it. But to give you the jist...

A dingle called Lewis posted yesterday on their forums that he is mates with an owls fan. The said owls fan apparently works for swfc in a small capacity and is close friends with a Barnsley player.

The owls fan had sent Lewis the dingle a screenshot of text messages between him & the Barnsley player. It showed the owls fan asking the Barnsley player if Winnall is any good and as he was supposedly coming to us. Barnsley player messages back confirming Winnall missed training due to it. The messages were dated and showed times for when they were sent which you don't normally get if it's a made up photo from the internet.

Since that he had updated the thread several times confirming medical and terms with Winnall had been done yesterday. He also said his mate had now told him that Hourihane was in talking to us today. Lewis the dingle is adamant his owls mate is genuine as he tells him stuff all the time including Fessi's contract before it was announced.

The name of the Barnsley player had been blocked out from the photo but Lewis the dingle was sending it to people by PM as a way to prove he wasn't lying. Most seem to believe it was real.

One of their fans was dismissing the texts saying it cant be true because the player is on loan and therefore wouldn't have been at training to know. Another (who hadn't seen the unedited pic) assumed it was Shaun Tuton as he is on loan. Lewis the dingle said it wasn't him as the player came back from loan on 7th Jan, he also referred to the players twitter account confirming this. It was then suggested the thread and pics be deleted. I'd just clicked onto a new page of the thread and couldn't go back to get more screenshots.

I thought it was George Moncur as the dingles site showed he was on loan until 7th Jan. But having just looked at their forums again it was in fact a player called "Matty". Looked into that and it definitely looks like it was Matty Templeton as the dates match with his twitter post:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

22 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

Sorry I thought it had already been posted somewhere on here. I've tried finding a copy of it to post it as I know it's been sent around but as that thread has been deleted I'm not able to find it. But to give you the jist...

A dingle called Lewis posted yesterday on their forums that he is mates with an owls fan. The said owls fan apparently works for swfc in a small capacity and is close friends with a Barnsley player.

The owls fan had sent Lewis the dingle a screenshot of text messages between him & the Barnsley player. It showed the owls fan asking the Barnsley player if Winnall is any good and as he was supposedly coming to us. Barnsley player messages back confirming Winnall missed training due to it. The messages were dated and showed times for when they were sent which you don't normally get if it's a made up photo from the internet.

Since that he had updated the thread several times confirming medical and terms with Winnall had been done yesterday. He also said his mate had now told him that Hourihane was in talking to us today. Lewis the dingle is adamant his owls mate is genuine as he tells him stuff all the time including Fessi's contract before it was announced.

The name of the Barnsley player had been blocked out from the photo but Lewis the dingle was sending it to people by PM as a way to prove he wasn't lying. Most seem to believe it was real.

One of their fans was dismissing the texts saying it cant be true because the player is on loan and therefore wouldn't have been at training to know. Another (who hadn't seen the unedited pic) assumed it was Shaun Tuton as he is on loan. Lewis the dingle said it wasn't him as the player came back from loan on 7th Jan, he also referred to the players twitter account confirming this. It was then suggested the thread and pics be deleted. I'd just clicked onto a new page of the thread and couldn't go back to get more screenshots.

I thought it was George Moncur as the dingles site showed he was on loan until 7th Jan. But having just looked at their forums again it was in fact a player called "Matty". Looked into that and it definitely looks like it was Matty Templeton as the dates match with his twitter post:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Great work sir! Love owt like this. It's all getting very exciting. Sounds like we could possibly be waiting for a double reveal ! I think everything will come to light in the next couple of days.

52 minutes ago, Arnold said:

Great work sir! Love owt like this. It's all getting very exciting. Sounds like we could possibly be waiting for a double reveal ! I think everything will come to light in the next couple of days.

Had a look at Lewis the dingles twitter too. He's saying Winnall is done deal and telling people to dm him so he can send them proof he's not lying.

Reading between the lines I think we've been given permission to speak to both. Saxondale said one medical has been done and he is usually right about that. I guess its just the finer details of the sale fees being negotiated.

Interesting times. Would be pleased with Winnall, but would be delighted if we could get Hourihane as well! Surely they would be interested in the likes of Mcgugan in exchange in that case? 

We we really need to get some off of the wage bill. 

Reslly not not fussed about wasting money on Rhodes if we could get these two from Barnsley, especially with Hooper coming back.

6 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Interesting times. Would be pleased with Winnall, but would be delighted if we could get Hourihane as well! Surely they would be interested in the likes of Mcgugan in exchange in that case? 

We we really need to get some off of the wage bill. 

Reslly not not fussed about wasting money on Rhodes if we could get these two from Barnsley, especially with Hooper coming back.

I'd be ecstatic if they were to take Bus and Mcgugan as part of the deal! 

5 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

A few random thoughts over the Sam Winnall & Conor Hourihane saga.

-Both players started in 2 successful Wembley outings, last season.

-Hourihane is captain of Barnsley.

-Hourihane would be a ready made replacement for Kieran Lee.

-Winnall has 11 league goals & could spell the end of Lucas Joao or Atdhe Nuhiu (Especially if we try to progress George Hirst)

-April 1st, Barnsley Away fixture will be very feisty with bitter dinglings.

In terms of need, due to Kieran Lee's injury. Conor Hourihane has to be the key target.

I was wondering if Hourihane would be a ready made replacement for Lee. I'm not sure he does the same job in terms of covering ground and closing down but he does seem to arrive late in the box and make the runs beyond the striker that we have been missing.

1 hour ago, JaddyOwl said:

We are odds on to sign Winnall after hes apparetly had a medical yesterday

But now the interesting part is we are also favourites to land JR according to this report

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough/15018244.Sheffield_Wednesday_favourites_to_land_Middlesbrough__39_s_Jordan_Rhodes/

Surely not? Where are we gonna play Fletcher, Hooper, Winnall and Rhodes?

Might have £20 on Rhodes staying at Boro. Looks like Boro have scared all the suitors off with their ridiculous demands for a Championship quality striker.

Think Winnall offers much better value for money if he keeps his scoring boots on alongside Hooper. Smart bit of business that.

Edited by theowlsman