Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Just found this on the Dingles forum , but i cant see the tweet on Nixons twatter 

According to Nixon Barnsley and Wednesday are arguing about add-ons, but the fee is £500K nonetheless. What I don't understand is why Barnsley would let him go for that. It seems dodgy to me. https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko?lang=en-gb

IMG_1637.PNG

There is a bit of an irrational hatred Nixon on here. I appreciate the guy can be arsey, he comes across very obnoxious when he goes on about "fuds" on his Twitter feed etc. but he is on the money a lot of the time. He's already correctly called Nugent joining Derby this window, not every move clubs want to make come off, hence why the things he reports don't always come off. Remember after we sacked Gray, we were all calling for big names like Allardyce or Jokanovic, but Nixon was the one to warn us the incoming manager would be out of left field - and along came Carlos. That doesn't mean he's right 100% of the time either, I remember when he signed Lopez he was still telling us there was a hitch with the transfer just as the club announced he'd signed.

1 minute ago, darklord said:

No ones signed. Probably wont sign today. COme back tomorrow and if a thread says officials its a bonus

To be fair we often only announce signings the day after they've signed anyway. In the summer I'm pretty sure we held back a few days before announcing signings had been completed. 

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

There is a bit of an irrational hatred Nixon on here. I appreciate the guy can be arsey, he comes across very obnoxious when he goes on about "fuds" on his Twitter feed etc. but he is on the money a lot of the time. He's already correctly called Nugent joining Derby this window, not every move clubs want to make come off, hence why the things he reports don't always come off. Remember after we sacked Gray, we were all calling for big names like Allardyce or Jokanovic, but Nixon was the one to warn us the incoming manager would be out of left field - and along came Carlos. That doesn't mean he's right 100% of the time either, I remember when he signed Lopez he was still telling us there was a hitch with the transfer just as the club announced he'd signed.

He clearly gets things close to being right so he must get decent info from his sources but he never has things bang on the money. He never completely calls things. Some of his stories seem like 60% truth and 40% guesswork to make it into a newsworthy article. Having said that he clearly has some sort of knowledge.

6 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

He clearly gets things close to being right so he must get decent info from his sources but he never has things bang on the money. He never completely calls things. Some of his stories seem like 60% truth and 40% guesswork to make it into a newsworthy article. Having said that he clearly has some sort of knowledge.

He tweets what he's been told.

I don't follow what he breaks on other teams, but with Wednesday I recall most of them being spot on.