1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Me too, it's giving me the goat.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Calm down. 

Stop being such Babybel 

Stiltons more of cheese jokes yet.

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Rotherham have bid £850k for Bogle apparently. Just puts into perspective what a steal this signing would be if the £500k fee is correct.

He will only be a "steal" if he scores.

50 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thats an interesting way of looking at it. On the evidence of twenty odd games it might put him in the top 10%, based on goals scored, but is that an accurate measure of his abilities. I would say, our three strikers, all of whom have scored less than Winnall, would be deemed better strikers than the Barnsley man. If that were reflected right across the league, then he'd probably be nearer the bottom. Of course that wouldn't be the case, but I can certainly think of plenty of strikers in this league, who are better than Sam Winnall, irrespective of whether or not they've scored more goals. I think I'm being generous by putting him in the middle bracket.

Good post. I realise the faults of my own logic - the next player on the top scorer list is Jonathan Kodjia, who I'm sure we'd all prefer. Ross McCormack has only got 3 goals this season but I'm sure we'd all rather have him too.

I'd rather avoid going into the philosophy of using statistics in a deeply subjective game like football which is full of intangibles as opposed to baseball where stats are everything. Simply put, I tend to avoid them. All I'd say is scoring 11 goals in the championship this season suggests he's an above average striker in this league. The subjective conclusions I've drawn from what I've seen of him are that he's very good in the air and probably a better finisher than any of our other strikers bar Hooper. 

The price tag being touted is undoubtedly good value. Would I want us to shell out for him if he still had three years left on his deal? Hmmm...

33 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I heard a Blade the other day refer to Kieran Freeman, a player I've genuinely never heard of, as a "Blades Legend". Unironically as well. Maybe we should wait until they secure promotion and throw them £500k for him. 

To be fair. All of their legends are nobodies