Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

23 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Why would we buy Winnall and Ward?

Surely we have a bid in for Ward in case we fail with Winnall

I doubt we'd get both. But if we did I think there could be some sense in it. Winnall could replace Joao (if he's off somewhere like Nantes)  and Ward is a player who can drop deeper or out wide, as a bit of support and competition for FF as there isn't anyone else who does his hybrid job

1 minute ago, elyowl1 said:

It's a great feeling however it's a sad state of our transfer policy of the last 30 years that I can think of no more than ten players that other clubs have ever chased to buy. 

Not advocating being a selling club but we have had very few managers with the ability to pick a future prospect. 

Yes. If we were really smart we'd go for the player Barnsley intend to replace Winnall with. He's probably playing for the Red Lion at the moment...and two years from now he'll be at Old Trafford or Chelsea. After they've crossed our palm with oodles of silver, of course. :stuwinky:

For me, a lot of this is just the enjoyment of exerting our weight plucking players from neighbouring clubs. They look decent too, but it's still a gamble.

They all love to say we don't have that kind of weight any more, so if they do sign it will be a bit of a rude awakening for them in the context of the last 15 years.

9 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

It's a great feeling however it's a sad state of our transfer policy of the last 30 years that I can think of no more than ten players that other clubs have ever chased to buy. 

Not advocating being a selling club but we have had very few managers with the ability to pick a future prospect. 

Theyll probably just go and get Bogle who (I know others are unsure) looks very Andre Gray mk2 to me.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

For me, a lot of this is just the enjoyment of exerting our weight plucking players from neighbouring clubs. They look decent too, but it's still a gamble.

They all love to say we don't have that kind of weight any more, so if they do sign it will be a bit of a rude awakening for them in the context of the last 15 years.

I heard a Blade the other day refer to Kieran Freeman, a player I've genuinely never heard of, as a "Blades Legend". Unironically as well. Maybe we should wait until they secure promotion and throw them £500k for him. 

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I heard a Blade the other day refer to Kieran Freeman, a player I've genuinely never heard of, as a "Blades Legend". Unironically as well. Maybe we should wait until they secure promotion and throw them £500k for him. 

He's the one they keep crowing on about because he's scored 6 goals (same as FF). 

Bloody thick scrubbers. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's the one they keep crowing on about because he's scored 6 goals (same as FF). 

Bloody thick scrubbers. 

Yeah I keep seeing them gloat about the fact they've scored more league goals than Barcelona and Real Madrid so far this season :duntmatter:lol Deluded scrubbers

Guest domSWFC
9 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Have we signed these 2 yet, I've got the tissues & my Stinking Bishop at the ready.

Still a few things to iron out with Barnsley. They want more cheddar.