Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Still can't see what all the fuss is about really Last time there was such a clamour for such an average player, I think was the Stevie May fiasco This has the potential to go the same way

I can see what you're saying but you have to admit scoring goals in the championship is different to Scotland. 

its staggering sometimes the standard of players in the Scottish premier league. Players who were released by league 1 clubs are playing for Aberdeen and Rangers 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Still can't see what all the fuss is about really Last time there was such a clamour for such an average player, I think was the Stevie May fiasco This has the potential to go the same way

The difference between them is mindboggling. Take away your opinion and look at facts

Sam Winnall managed more Championsihp goals in four and a half months than Stevie May has managed in three and a half years ffs 

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

May wishes he had Winnall's record in England. Plus May was more expensive.

The bargain price is driving this, plus the chance to pie Barnsley 

34 minutes ago, peterbottom14 said:

Could be spot on but 500k is a risk we could easily take that could turn out to be a master stroke.

what we know for sure is that were struggling for goals so we need to address it.

Average players will go for a lot more cash this window than we'd spend here.

Thats the saving grace, £500,000 is not too much of a gamble for us these days. It's odd though, that such a low key signing would produce such a frenzy. Very similar to the unrealistic expectations people had with Stevie May

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Except, Winnall is scoring in the championship - whereas May struggled. 

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No comparison, May only had  appearancesi n Scotland, Winnall has scored goals in the English league, massive difference.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thats the saving grace, £500,000 is not too much of a gamble for us these days. It's odd though, that such a low key signing would produce such a frenzy. Very similar to the unrealistic expectations people had with Stevie May

I repeat: It took Winnall four and a half months to score more Championship goals than Stevie May has managed in three and a half years. 

Look at facts rather than stating your opinion. 

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Do you have to find a negative spin on EVERY story involving the club?

Cheer up you miserable sod.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

The difference between them is mindboggling. Take away your opinion and look at facts

Sam Winnall managed more Championsihp goals in four and a half months than Stevie May has managed in three and a half years ffs 

To be fair to May he has been injured for a full year of that three.

And played in the most defensive set Wednesday side of the past 30 years in his time here.

Gary Winston Lineker would have struggled to bag in that side.

In the end his 1 in 3 ratio isn't that bad all things considered. Also had 3 chalked off. Two of them outerageously. 

Not saying he's more than he was and I agree about the sinking standard in Scottish football.

Will be interesting to see how he comes on now he's back from that horrific knee injury.

As for Winnall. I've talked to some Barnsley fans I know who think he's not the player we think he might be.

But anything under £1m would still represent a good buy for what he has got.

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

There's probably a similiar post on the Norwich forum about us asking why aren't we satisfied with having Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Joao. 

:manager:

21 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

In all fairness, you could say the same for us.

Fletcher

Nuhiu

Forestieri

Hooper

Joao

Very fair points. There seems to be a philosophy in football in general these days that you can never have too many strikers.

9 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Barnsley fans saying hes not that good we said that about ogrady he still bagged 15 for them when we loaned/sold him then went onto brighton and did nothing lol 

I suppose we wouldn't have rated Madine as highly as people outside the club might have after he helped us get promoted, but then Winnall has been scoring in this league too and was player of the month for December. 

If they don't rate Winnall we can loan them Nuhiu and then ask for their opinion again 

Edited by Southie_Owl

41 minutes ago, peterbottom14 said:

Wouldn't he have to up sticks and move if Norwich was the preferred destination.

Surely he'd want to stay in this area.

I love the Yorkshire area as it's where I'm from but there's some beautiful spots in Norfolk. If it was purely diwn to area then Norwich would be my choice. But if it's for football reasons then we surely stand a very good chance. We're not far off from being a bloody good team despite the moaning gets