Sam Winnall Signs - OFFICIAL

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

We do have a very creative player, that gets assists. 

Forestieri. If he was shifted back to the wing to make room for Winnall to partner either Fletcher or Hooper I'm sure he could provide. Maybe not even from crosses, but rebounds from his efforts. The same applies for McMannaman. 

Alright, let's not get into the permutations of chances created etc, because I know both of these create lots of chances. But in terms of raw assits, McMananman has only manged 4 in 68 Championship games. FF 37 in 138. Hourihane has 12 in 23 this season, 

As I say, I know it ain't as simple as that, it's a grossly simplified argument... but you can never have enough creators in the team. 

4 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

This guy is right. I assure you, he will be proven true. In a few days, we'll see that Winnall has signed, or not signed just like he says. Easy to be ITK when you tell people both possible outcomes. 

1 minute ago, Holmes said:

Watch him come on loan.

It's like reverse deduction this.

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Did you even read my post? I mentioned the poor guy lol

1. What's wrong with having two like that in the squad (especially as Hourihane can play attacking or holding role midfielder)

2. We're still waiting on Abdi coming good. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out here. Maybe it won't. Hope it will, but I'm getting more and more convinced it's just not gonna work and he's going to be a 31 year old on big wages that we can't shift and doesn't play. If it were down to me I'd cut our losses and reinvest his wages elsewhere.

Really, really hope he lives up to the promise and pedigree he has though and I'm proven wrong. We all know if he does as he has in the past, he'll be a monster in this division. 

If Carlos doesn't play Abdi, who was good enough to play in 32 Premier League games for a side that finished 13th last season, then he wouldn't be playing Hourihane either. 

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Did you even read my post? I mentioned the poor guy lol

1. What's wrong with having two like that in the squad (especially as Hourihane can play attacking or holding role midfielder)

2. We're still waiting on Abdi coming good. For whatever reason it hasn't worked out here. Maybe it won't. Hope it will, but I'm getting more and more convinced it's just not gonna work and he's going to be a 31 year old on big wages that we can't shift and doesn't play. If it were down to me I'd cut our losses and reinvest his wages elsewhere.

Really, really hope he lives up to the promise and pedigree he has though and I'm proven wrong. We all know if he does as he has in the past, he'll be a monster in this division. 

Abdi has played a total of 518 minutes for us. This is the equivalent of 5.7 full games. He has been played out of position for almost all of that time. His key appearances were when the side was still settling and he hasn't had much time on the pitch playing with key players like Forestieri etc. He has had NO chance to even demonstrate what he is capable of. It's such a crying shame. 

I've just looked and hourihane got 4/5 assists for 11 of winnalls goals which is obviously pretty good however 3 were set pieces in which I think we do deliver some decent ones ourselves anyway. Having watched winnalls headers at Birmingham and Cardiff it was down to his fantastic headers in my view 

2 minutes ago, Francksongoo said:

Not only do i offer 100% fact on the situation im also a comedian. Cross between Jim White and Peter Kay if only

Jim White and Peter Kay? 

White and Kay.

Whyte and Mackays

Whyte and Mackays... Leeds old sponsor

Dirty Leeds 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

If Carlos doesn't play Abdi, who was good enough to play in 32 Premier League games for a side that finished 13th last season, then he wouldn't be playing Hourihane either. 

Plays Bannan and Lee ahead of Abdi, maybe he'd play Hourihane ahead of Abdi too

I'm not even disagreeing with you, I think it's awful that we made what was an on paper amazing central midfielder signing and then we play him psuedo-wide left for about half a dozen games, and now he can't even get near the match day 18. Boggles the mind. Is he injured? Has something happened? I dunno, but as I say, that doesn't disuade me from suggesting Hourihane. After all, the only out-and-out central midfielders (with squad numbers) we have in the squad now Lee is out for the season are Bannan, Jones and Abdi. Could always do with a fourth... 

Guest domSWFC
Just now, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I've just looked and hourihane got 4/5 assists for 11 of winnalls goals which is obviously pretty good however 3 were set pieces in which I think we do deliver some decent ones ourselves anyway. Having watched winnalls headers at Birmingham and Cardiff it was down to his fantastic headers in my view 

With the right movement, and powerfull ariel pressence this guy seems to have perfect delivery isn't always important. Put it in the right sort of area and he can do the rest. We could all score goals, if we had perfect crosses for tap ins every time. 

Look at when we had Reda, other than Prutton we didn't really have any good crossers of the ball, but this guy was deadly in the air.