Mcgugan off to Bolton

1 hour ago, Soul Power said:

I don't think anybody questions the quality he has. Reading in between the lines from the snippets we hear the problem would appear to be his application and mental attitude.

Thats how i read it too , which is a shame if right because he`s a talented player and he seems to be wasting his career 

The last team that was reportedly interested were Forest in the summer. I haven't seen anything since then.

The FA cup game against Boro' would have been an ideal way of showcasing players that we want to get rid of like Dielna, Bus and McGugan. I really cannot imagine how playing the players we did on Sunday helped the club improve in any way whatsoever, except for Wildsmith getting a game.

With Bannan not looking anything like he did last season and neither Dave Jones nor Almen Abdi showing the ability to take his place, it really does show how good McGugan was last season. With his number of starts greatly reduced and his confidence and match fitness quickly following, he still managed to come into games when picked and do what none of this seasons new boys have been able to manage, by scoring the occasional goal.

Our record signing (and a good signing for us long term, I reckon) Adam Reach, has done best of the new boys and has equalled Bannan's goal tally by scoring one goal in 19 league starts, with Bannan starting in 23! However, 3 league goals in 5 starts and another 3 goals in 2 starts in cup games must have made McGugan wonder what exactly he had to do to get himself into Carlos's plans! Quite frankly if it really was just a matter of telling Carlos that he could not do exactly what he wanted him to do in the number 10 spot, as Carlos alluded to when he dropped him rarely to be seen again, then Carlos needs to take a look at how honest McGugan was compared to players he chose in front of McGugan. None of them have been able to do a fraction of what McGugan did and we can only begin to guess what he would be capable of doing with 19 or 23 games under his belt, being fully fit, full of confidence and having the blessing of the manager. I would love to see a team with Hunt, Hutch, Fox, Reach, Forestieri, Lee, Hooper and McGugan in it, but sadly it does not look like happening.

No, I cannot see things changing and it will be our loss again, but if I was the chairman i would want to talk to Lewis McGugan and Carlos C in the same frank way that Chansiri did with Forestieri when he managed to turn his head around and get him to commit himself to SWFC's long term future, rather than his own ego!

Come on now Fessi, do the business on Saturday and good luck Lewis McGugan, wherever you end up.

5 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Madine and McGugan.

I'd tip Bolton for knocking the pigs off top spot just on that.

Hopefully we - as a club - can provide Bolton with all the support they require to ensure that occurs!

3 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

The last team that was reportedly interested were Forest in the summer. I haven't seen anything since then.

The FA cup game against Boro' would have been an ideal way of showcasing players that we want to get rid of like Dielna, Bus and McGugan. I really cannot imagine how playing the players we did on Sunday helped the club improve in any way whatsoever, except for Wildsmith getting a game.

With Bannan not looking anything like he did last season and neither Dave Jones nor Almen Abdi showing the ability to take his place, it really does show how good McGugan was last season. With his number of starts greatly reduced and his confidence and match fitness quickly following, he still managed to come into games when picked and do what none of this seasons new boys have been able to manage, by scoring the occasional goal.

Our record signing (and a good signing for us long term, I reckon) Adam Reach, has done best of the new boys and has equalled Bannan's goal tally by scoring one goal in 19 league starts, with Bannan starting in 23! However, 3 league goals in 5 starts and another 3 goals in 2 starts in cup games must have made McGugan wonder what exactly he had to do to get himself into Carlos's plans! Quite frankly if it really was just a matter of telling Carlos that he could not do exactly what he wanted him to do in the number 10 spot, as Carlos alluded to when he dropped him rarely to be seen again, then Carlos needs to take a look at how honest McGugan was compared to players he chose in front of McGugan. None of them have been able to do a fraction of what McGugan did and we can only begin to guess what he would be capable of doing with 19 or 23 games under his belt, being fully fit, full of confidence and having the blessing of the manager. I would love to see a team with Hunt, Hutch, Fox, Reach, Forestieri, Lee, Hooper and McGugan in it, but sadly it does not look like happening.

No, I cannot see things changing and it will be our loss again, but if I was the chairman i would want to talk to Lewis McGugan and Carlos C in the same frank way that Chansiri did with Forestieri when he managed to turn his head around and get him to commit himself to SWFC's long term future, rather than his own ego!

Come on now Fessi, do the business on Saturday and good luck Lewis McGugan, wherever you end up.

Perhaps Carlos thought we could win and progress to the next round?

8 hours ago, Skyline said:

That would be an incredible signing for Bolton. 

I'm not going to get involved with the whole "He should be playing for us" argument, but he is more than good enough for most Championship teams. 

He probably is to be fair, certainly towards the lower end of the table anyway

However, I don't have any idea what it could be, but there has to be a reason that he keeps going to Championship sides and despite clearly not being a bad player, he's eventually getting "frozen out" to the point that he can't get a seat on the bench, it's happened here, and at Forest and Watford.

Carlos seems to be a bit stubborn like Dave Jones - if he doesn't rate you or you annoy him you've had it - good job Stuart Gray wasn't like that or Lee would have been gone years ago - before you say it FF is the exception with Carlos but he still slagged him on live TV - maybe DC was the one who gave FFa second chance and if it was up to Carlos he'd be frozen out ...

3 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Carlos seems to be a bit stubborn like Dave Jones - if he doesn't rate you or you annoy him you've had it - good job Stuart Gray wasn't like that or Lee would have been gone years ago - before you say it FF is the exception with Carlos but he still slagged him on live TV - maybe DC was the one who gave FFa second chance and if it was up to Carlos he'd be frozen out ...

With Lm it's more down to himself rather than Carlos, it's hardly the first time this has happened with LM, his career with both Forest and Watford went the same way

7 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

good post,personally think Mcgugan should have been tried out a time or two this season if just for his dead ball ability,i thought he was destined for the lane,hope not!!!