Forestieri Extended Contract

He is capable of being the best player in the Championship.

If this contract makes him play to that potential, then I'm all for it.

I mean he should be 100% every time he plays anyway but at the same time i can understand a player being miffed if his teammates are getting paid more than him when he knows he is the best player.

Hopefully Sam's contract will follow shortly.

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Would you have said the same if this had happened in the summer?

Probably not, but it didn't so thats irrelevant.

Anyone that thinks his performances have been anyway near what they were last season are just dumb flippers. 

He's an idiot for acting like he did. 

He apologised publically. He's knuckled down, and shown his commitment. He's probably the first man on the training ground and last off it. He works his socks off, he's a quality player.....our best player. POTM not long back. 

Get real - clubs will be after him in the future. His agent will be flirting with every club possible. This is football, ugly, but will be happening up and down the country every season 

The club have drawn a line under it. The moral highground brigade need to do the same. 

2 minutes ago, OwlsOwlsOwls said:

So any one who doesn't agree with you is wrong.

Nah he didn't say that, he just said they're not worth listening to... something you didn't seem to do yourself as you looked at the words on the page and decided they said something completely different to what they actually say lol 

14 minutes ago, SiJ said:

90% (at least) of fan reaction has been positive. 

No point paying attention to the vocal, desperate for attention minority who inhabit here, Facebook etc. 

Why do you feel the need to be so condescending ...

I wonder if you would have been as forgiving had it not been FF.

21 minutes ago, BD2OWL said:

Anyone that thinks his performances have been anyway near what they were last season ....

True, but then the same can be said for the rest of the squad, with the exception of Hutchinson and Lee.

Still, at least the whole sorry episode is now behind us.

As is often the case, I suspect that much of it was down to the 'advisor' more than the player himself anyway.

Just now, BD2OWL said:

Why do you feel the need to be so condescending ...

I wonder if you would have been as forgiving had it not been FF.

Yep. 

I certainly wouldn't start threads calling x player a b*llend or whatever. 

Didn't agree with what FF did in August (it was bang out of order), but some of the stuff that has been posted since has been frankly embarrassing. 

The guys signed a new deal and is clearly motivated to do his best for SWFC, which is the most important thing.