Forestieri Extended Contract

8 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

I always thought that a 'joke' was supposed to be funny.

A joke makes you laugh, or at least raises a smile.

Your post does neither for me.

What a strange sense of humour you must have.:wacko:

Ok ok ok... Well I do apologise that my comment, made with some form of irony didn't tickle you. I mean you must laugh at all jokes known to the history of man but, I apologise my humour was not at a satisfactory standard and that you spent time to respond to it.

I will think about all comments that I make in future and ensure that I at least get a smile out of 2/10 people that I survey. Many thanks, Mr Taco.

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Ok ok ok... Well I do apologise that my comment, made with some form of irony didn't tickle you. I mean you must laugh at all jokes known to the history of man but, I apologise my humour was not at a satisfactory standard and that you spent time to respond to it.

I will think about all comments that I make in future and ensure that I at least get a smile out of 2/10 people that I survey. Many thanks, Mr Taco.

Now if you'd used the word irony instead of joke in your last post you'd probably have been in the clear. Anyway here's a little smile for you. :rolleyes:

After the season he had last year, nobody would have bat an eyelid if the club had offered him an improved deal in the summer.

Not condoning his actions back in August, but I can understand his frustration. Multiple others given improved contracts and new signings coming in on silly money. 

He was our main man. And half way through the season, he still is. As of yet, nobody's managed to take the pressure off him.

Fully deserves to be one of our top earners. Brilliant news.

Topman, he's been wanting that wage increase since the summer! Pampers and wet wipes spring to mind.. 

Hopefully he can get his down now and get back to where he was last year. If he's not fit/not in the side we look crap.

UTO

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Ok ok ok... Well I do apologise that my comment, made with some form of irony didn't tickle you. I mean you must laugh at all jokes known to the history of man but, I apologise my humour was not at a satisfactory standard and that you spent time to respond to it.

I will think about all comments that I make in future and ensure that I at least get a smile out of 2/10 people that I survey. Many thanks, Mr Taco.

Thanks, apology accepted, but I'm afraid I only laugh at the funny ones!

If you want to come over as a bit of a comic I'm afraid a success rate of 2/10 is no where near good enough.

Stick to your day job!lol

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Dangerous precedent that a player who refused to play, and has been playing poorly, gets a fat new contract. 

Be be interesting to know what the rest of the team think. 

Good luck to to the lad. Must have a very smart agent. 

Just have a look at Lewis Dunk at Brighton, he refused to play and was awarded a new contract.

Basically he's had Chansiri's pants down.

Imagine going for your annual staff review - well you're performance tailed off in April/May culminating in a non performance on the biggest day of the year. You then had your holidays and then went on strike in August. Since then you're manager has been quoted as saying that 'you're performing at 50% and you're heads gone' in November. Plus you've had a number of disciplinary issues.

So on summary we're giving you a pay rise and a new contract.

You'd walk out laughing you're head off thinking you were fireproof.

A great example to the rest of the club.

1 minute ago, TAOWL267 said:

Basically he's had Chansiri's pants down.

Imagine going for your annual staff review - well you're performance tailed off in April/May culminating in a non performance on the biggest day of the year. You then had your holidays and then went on strike in August. Since then you're manager has been quoted as saying that 'you're performing at 50% and you're heads gone' in November. Plus you've had a number of disciplinary issues.

So on summary we're giving you a pay rise and a new contract.

You'd walk out laughing you're head off thinking you were fireproof.

A great example to the rest of the club.

Oh just f*ck off. 

2 hours ago, Doctor John said:

Great news. I suspect there has been a pay niggle for some time and this hopefully sorts it out. He is the most complete and talented player I have seen at Hillsborough in my 50 +? years of watching the Owls - he can tackle, shoot, dribble and head. What a talisman to have! Nando will crown this new deal with a match-winning performance against the Terriers this weekend. 

Hyperbole?

In the last 50 years..

Chris Waddle, 62 England caps

David Hirst.

Di Canio

Trevor Francis. 52 caps

Tommy Craig

Peter Swann

Des Walker. 50+ caps

and quite a few others.

We all have different opinions and you are entitled to your but Fessi has never earned a full cap. He's never even been a star Premiership player. Some of the players have been outstanding players at the highest level.

Edited by prowl