Forestieri Extended Contract

Guest Wonder Spaniel

Great news! Just remind ourselves that not very long ago a player of his capabilities would have been sold to balance the books. We wouldn't have been able to pay the money that he now is paid. Whether you agree with this or not, the fact is that we have secured our most dynamic payer at the club. Enjoy!

Dangerous precedent that a player who refused to play, and has been playing poorly, gets a fat new contract. 

Be be interesting to know what the rest of the team think. 

Good luck to to the lad. Must have a very smart agent. 

7 hours ago, mr moody said:

True, but many on here doubted his commitment to the club. Now they should get off his back and let's push on. Wawaw

Might shut the muppets up who say he gets sent off on purpurse or meaning to miss .best news we ve had all season

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

i'm pleased he's staying coz a firing forestieri is a very good player ...... signing an extended contract on probably more money again good luck to the lad ....but how he's gone about getting a new deal doesn't sit right with me .....whats he going to  do in a years time if we sign someone else who he thinks he's better than who earns more than him ?....

Agree completely.

The young players at the club know exactly what to do now if they happen to have one good season. Excellent example set!

Best player we've had for years. Makes this team from mid table to a top 6 side.

Yet for the good of the club and football in general, giving him a new contract would have been way down on my to do list!

Refusing to play ....... disgusting 

Been thinking a while that we could do with a statement from our owner and Chairman, stating his clear intention to finish off the job he started, in the face of restless natives. 

Or maybe this will do. Brilliant news. Just need Fessi to re-discover his old form now.

15 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Might shut the muppets up who say he gets sent off on purpurse or meaning to miss .best news we ve had all season

You'll be lucky - already seen they will just go back to going on about the incident that started it all now zzzzzzzz 

I know what people mean regarding sending a message to the rest of the squad but they probably realise he is in a unique position of being almost impossible to replace like for like.

If another player had done it, they'd be in HMS Mcgugan. It's not fair but football is just pure capitalism now.

52 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Would have to agree with some of your views, he has shown very little to warrant this since throwing the wobbly. For all that say he is our best player, he isn't, that's Hutchinson.

But let's hope this gives him a kick in the right direction, as we desperately need a spark from somewhere in the attacking areas 

The "best" player at a club is usually subjective, but how nice is it that we are in a position where several candidates can be seriously considered the best? For years we've had the odd player to chose from, such as Westwood under Stuart Gray.

What is certain though is that FF is the most technically gifted player at the club by miles. He is by far the most talented footballer and Im not sure that some of our fans can handle it, or even recognise it. Look at how the word "legend" has been banded about over some of the players in the last 10 years. Not being funny because I love players like Semedo, JJ and Bullen who have been great servants to our club, but Fessi has more talent in his left toe than those (and all the other recent "legends") put together.

Its about time we started embracing what we currently have. Wasn't too long back that we could only dream of having players like Hooper, FF, Fletcher et all and now they play for US!

1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

Well done Fernando and well done SWFC. 

Most exciting player at Hillsborough for a generation or two and I don't think that's an overstatement. 

Maybe, what about do canio and carbone to name a few