Joe Wildsmith Appreciation Thread.

3 minutes ago, scram said:

I take it you are accusing me of being a player agent?!?

Well people on here actually know that is not the case so please f*ck off with your nonsense

Nah, you've stated you aren't an agent before so I'm prepared to give you the benefit on that, I more tend to think you're a union rep or some sort of players representative...

If I'm wrong you can always enlighten us ?

Goals 1 and 2 were both his fault unfortunately. First one he rolled the ball into Jones who was marked, freekick was eventually awarded. Should've cleared but he'll learn.

Second was horrendous as we know. His pass out first was awful, Pudil was wrong in giving it him back but he made a horrific mistake.

Ah well he is young and will learn. 

31 minutes ago, scram said:

All part of his learning and development

And shows why he would never be considered or week in week out keeper yet.

Despite what some think

Correct, was a timely reminder for me - said to a mate the other day that if we were offered a good price for Westwood I'd let him go, put Joe in at number 1 and reinvest the fee in outfield players. Today has reminded us he isn't ready for that yet and just how important Westwood is. 

I do find it criminal that we've conceded two goals in a single season where keeper's clearances have been blocked - that one at Brentford cost us two very valuable points.

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Correct, was a timely reminder for me - said to a mate the other day that if we were offered a good price for Westwood I'd let him go, put Joe in at number 1 and reinvest the fee in outfield players. Today has reminded us he isn't ready for that yet and just how important Westwood is. 

I do find it criminal that we've conceded two goals in a single season where keeper's clearances have been blocked - that one at Brentford cost us two very valuable points.

Timely reminder eh ?

How many games has this lad had this season ? - he was out for an injury for a while and is just coming back, thrown in at the deep end against strikers or European quality and he's made a mistake !!!!

Thank god all the players in front of him played so well and were protecting him..

Feckin eedgit comment from you TBF..

I've already told you I represent players in NO CAPACITY WHATSOEVER

I can't make it any clearer - even for a f*ckwit like yourself

I only dignified your last post with s reply because I suspect being non responsive may have left your assertion as having foundation

Now I have clearly and unequivocally refuted that you can stfu

5 minutes ago, scram said:

I've already told you I represent players in NO CAPACITY WHATSOEVER

I can't make it any clearer - even for a f*ckwit like yourself

I only dignified your last post with s reply because I suspect being non responsive may have left your assertion as having foundation

Now I have clearly and unequivocally refuted that you can stfu

Hey, the fact you have turned abusive would suggest you have something to hide, c'mon, what is it ?

I'm reyt intrigued now to know what your all being super knowledge is based on..

Maybe we should call you Yoda ?

7 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Timely reminder eh ?

How many games has this lad had this season ? - he was out for an injury for a while and is just coming back, thrown in at the deep end against strikers or European quality and he's made a mistake !!!!

Thank god all the players in front of him played so well and were protecting him..

Feckin eedgit comment from you TBF..

Well I'm flattered by the last bit :biggrin: 

I think you've interpreted it as me writing him off and having a huge pop at him, all I was doing was agreeing with Scram that he's not ready yet. He's had some very good games for us already and got himself into the England U21 squad - he's a lad with massive potential and it's a very nice thought that if and when Westwood leaves we'll have a ready-made replacement and won't have to go out and buy anyone. And of course we'll be able to sing "he's one of our own..."

Today was unfortunate - he looked nervy, though I feel blame for the goal is being piled on him rather unfairly when imo there's a fair bit of blame to be shared around with Bannan, Pudil etc. It was an off day all round and for a young keeper it's part of the learning curve - hopefully it'll make him stronger.

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I think you've interpreted it as me writing him off and having a huge pop at him, all I was doing was agreeing with Scram that he's not ready yet. He's had some very good games for us already and got himself into the England U21 squad - he's a lad with massive potential and it's a very nice thought that if and when Westwood leaves we'll have a ready-made replacement and won't have to go out and buy anyone. And of course we'll be able to sing "he's one of our own..."

Today was unfortunate - he looked nervy, though I feel blame for the goal is being piled on him rather unfairly when imo there's a fair bit of blame to be shared around with Bannan, Pudil etc. It was an off day all round and for a young keeper it's part of the learning curve - hopefully it'll make him stronger.

Cool and classy ground hopping owl.

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

So the "timely reminder" is that he's actually good and we should look after him when he's thrown in, I'm not a lover of FF but even he went to console him..

This lad probably is good enough, Westwood also makes howlers occasionally and I can think of a few good goalies that also did..

Back him, don't just seem to hit on him cos Scram made a comment !