Joe Wildsmith Appreciation Thread.

This lad is young and doesn't deserve the critisism hes getting at the minute. Yes, he conceded with a howler of a performance but he saved a lot more goals which could have saw Boro lead 6 or 7-0. Hes our upcoming young talent, and hes a wednesdayite. So lets keep backing him to improve further!

Just now, coe_22 said:

Looking at the highlights he pulled off some cracking saves. He was let down by pudil getting beat in the air (surprise surprise) for the 3rd. 

Yes. It could have been a lot more if he didnt put his shift in.

Disappointing that he's getting flagged for one mistake essentially. We wouldn't have won today with Westwood in goal anyway, think JW is being made a scapegoat.

We've got one of the best young English keepers (hence the call-ups for U21) on our books.

He's class, how many clean sheets did he keep when Westwood was injured other season?

He made some amazing saves again today and was unfortunte, just one of them things that make keepers look bad that happens to even the best from time to time.

im sure he's strong enough to not even listen to any criticism from fans.

Edited by goodytheowl

I rate the lad and think he will be a top keeper.

but that doesnt mean i/we have to dress up todays performance. it was jittery from the outset and he will know the first two goals were down to him without anyone on ere having to tell him. 

Its part of being a top keeper, they all have shocking games behind them that they would rather forget but he will grow from it.

tbh i was expecting this sort of performance from him last season when he broke into the side, purely down to youth/inexperience/nerves but it didnt happen, he was solid. 

I think had he not spent first half of the season out injured and he had played when Dawson played then today wouldnt have happened.

it is what it is. he'll bounce back.

One of my sons is a keeper, he played at academy level for a few seasons (not with swfc). I really have a lot of sympathy for Joe today, as I found with my own son it is an absolutely shocking position to play in. It's completely unforgiving and being the last line of defence it comes with a lot of pressure too. 

Nobody remembers the bad bad pass from a midfielder or the defender who didn't pick up his man but everyone remembers the mistake by a keeper. 

Hopefully Joe will keep his head up and put this behind himself and this doesn't knock his development. 

The back pass from Pudil wasn't ideal with wildsmith being under pressure either. 

Edited by David1867

Just now, scram said:

I take it you are accusing me of being a player agent?!?

Well people on here actually know that is not the case so please f*ck off with your nonsense

Don't worry about it. 

Captain Slowly will be put to bed soon. 

Edited by SiJ