Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ozowl02

These next games are CRUCIAL

Recommended Posts

Says it all in the thread name really. A loss against Uddersfield will start to worry fans and put the heat on us. A win would keep the pressure off. And with Brighton coming up, we start to lose hope if we don't win against them on Saturday. Saturday ultimately CRUCIAL to our season, a loss or a draw will just not be acceptable UNLESS Wednesday do the impossible and win against Brighton

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to step up to the plate sharpish, can't go on disappointing like this, DC must be expecting more 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly can't see us getting anything from the next two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing us we'll do well in the next 2 and then struggle agains the lesser sides. 

 

Look at those 3 fixtures after Brighton, we need 9 points there. 

 

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 21.45.12.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Knowing us we'll do well in the next 2 and then struggle agains the lesser sides. 

 

Look at those 3 fixtures after Brighton, we need 9 points there. 

 

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 21.45.12.jpg

True, I think out of the 9 points available in January, Id consider 4 or 5 to be reasonable. Anything else and itd be worrying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, debram said:

We need to step up to the plate sharpish, can't go on disappointing like this, DC must be expecting more 

The fans are as well!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FML lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Knowing us we'll do well in the next 2 and then struggle agains the lesser sides. 

 

Look at those 3 fixtures after Brighton, we need 9 points there. 

 

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 21.45.12.jpg

more like the next 5 fixtures. Brum are on the slippery slope and we at home, and Blackburn, again at home. 

i like the look of that..... on paper anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ozowl02 said:

Says it all in the thread name really. A loss against Uddersfield will start to worry fans and put the heat on us. A win would keep the pressure off. And with Brighton coming up, we start to lose hope if we don't win against them on Saturday. Saturday ultimately CRUCIAL to our season, a loss or a draw will just not be acceptable UNLESS Wednesday do the impossible and win against Brighton

You may be right but I just can't take it seriously as after every defeat there is a thread saying the text two games are critical

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from Newcastle I can't remember us playing well this season, other than in short spells during a game. We've got to be alot better, and Boro showed us just how far off the pace we are. Last two years have been the best for donkeys years, but boy, have we ghot a long way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bobster01 said:

You may be right but I just can't take it seriously as after every defeat there is a thread saying the text two games are critical

True but if we don't pick up any points in the next 2 games, we'll be out of the play offs and the heat will be on us. So its very critical of our season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, doubleo said:

Apart from Newcastle I can't remember us playing well this season, other than in short spells during a game. We've got to be alot better, and Boro showed us just how far off the pace we are. Last two years have been the best for donkeys years, but boy, have we ghot a long way to go.

Very true. A few games were decent performances like Villa or Nottm Forest or Bristol City (2nd half) but not as good as last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The failure to capitalise on the Newcastle victory is costing us,the invitation to kick on and gain confidence was there for the taking instead we cacked our pants

Edited by akbuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can genuinely see Udds doing a number on us next week.

 

They are very quick on the counter. Something which we ALWAYS struggle with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every game is crucial in fact to siome on here near suicidal lol

seriously though we got a good stretch coming up but we gotta up the tempo and score some goals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huddersfield next week is I'm afraid a far bigger game than it needs to be with the form we are in and the fan base so divided at present. Looking at the next few fixtures for all in and around the playoffs Derby and Norwich could gain on those above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the games are equally crucial 3 points is 3 points after all. Regardless of what happens Carlos isn't going anywhere. We get to enjoy is genius and tactical masterclass some weeks then his ineptness and incompetence throwing players into any position the following after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we maintain the performances we've been putting in recently but we don't maintain the results then fans have every right to have a go IMO, I agree with people when they say were just getting by at the moment simply because the results haven't been to bad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, s6 owl said:

If we maintain the performances we've been putting in recently but we don't maintain the results then fans have every right to have a go IMO, I agree with people when they say were just getting by at the moment simply because the results haven't been to bad.  

 

The results will turn if the performances don't improve Perhaps we saw the start of that yesterday, a very average Middlesborough team, reduced to ten men, easily overcame another lacklustre performance from Wednesday

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...