Pathetic Fans

ive always been a believer that a manager should be given 3 years to achieve what  the owner  wants him to achieve .....the great managers that take on poor sides like brown and  Charlton(with us) ,revie  , shanks ,clough,fergie all took at least a couple of years to achieve anything ......carlos as built us a decent team in 18 months thats heading in the right direction and deserves to be given time to see if he's the man to get the job done .

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

ive always been a believer that a manager should be given 3 years to achieve what  the owner  wants him to achieve .....the great managers that take on poor sides like brown and  Charlton(with us) ,revie  , shanks ,clough,fergie all took at least a couple of years to achieve anything ......carlos as built us a decent team in 18 months thats heading in the right direction and deserves to be given time to see if he's the man to get the job done .

this exactly!!!

we are building a team, and a competitive one at that. The division is much tougher this year, and last season we could hide behind the overachiever tag, this year people are coming to hillsborough hoping for a point rather than three and setting there stall out.

There is still half a season to go, we are 6th in the table, unbeaten in 5 - defence rock solid (aside Boro) yes the attack need tweeking but I have full faith in Carlos to get this sorted. Best manager we have had in years and the best team.

12 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's impossible to make a like for like comparison. Yes, we're at the upper end of the table theses days, but Carlos has resources that Gray, Laws, Sturrock etc never had. One wonders how he'd get on in the era when we didn't have a pot to p*** in?

Cant disagree with that.

I was one that thought that Gray deserved a chance under Chansiri. Perhaps, if the malcontents are to have their way, we could dispense with Carlos and bring back Brian Laws. After all, he is currently available, and he has experience of this league (and the Prem).

Actually, let's stick with Carlos until May. If we don't get promoted, he'll make the decision for Chansiri anyway.

Would give CC until end of this season and see where we are then.

If we don't go up would probably make a change, looking at his CV he is not a team builder.

Did well last season but would say I am neutral on him this season. Doesn't seem a lot of thought given to some of the recent big money signings, while 6th place is ok think we have to improve performances to stop in the play off positions.

In my opinion, there are a few warning signs that Carlos needs to heed. Our rather flattering league position, if we focus solely on that, hides some rather pressing issues. There seems to be a lot of confused thinking from the coach these days, and we really need to get back to the plan Constantly rolling the dice every transfer window, suggests there is no coherent strategy. 

13 hours ago, scram said:

CC. A lot to prove

Much easier to deliver a 6th position in a weak division with historic low points haul than it is to achieve in tougher division when the pressure is on

Still think he's ignoring - even ostracising some very talented players 

Basically falling to get a tune out of the best squad since relegation from the premier

Best post of the thread.

17 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Play off final last season, currently 6th in the league this season, this time last year we wasn't in the play offs.

Just because we are not bashing teams 6-0 every week.

Keep the faith

X

So what you're saying is teams not already in the playoffs have a good chance of overtaking the team in 6th adrift of the rest of the playoff teams. 

Remind me me again who that is?

19 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

It all started to go wrong when the stripes went and he put his name on literally everything.

He has put his name on everything as the Chansiri Group will be paying for that advertising thus increasing the Club's revenue inadvertently. By doing this he eases our FFP position (clubs cannot spend more than their annual revenue). He is not so egotistical that he just wants his name everywhere...

12 minutes ago, TotalSWFC said:

He has put his name on everything as the Chansiri Group will be paying for that advertising thus increasing the Club's revenue inadvertently. By doing this he eases our FFP position (clubs cannot spend more than their annual revenue). He is not so egotistical that he just wants his name everywhere...

I sit in the North Stand and was shocked to see the size of the Chansiri lettering on the Youth Cup Highlights. Chuffing hell if that's not ego what is?!

SWFC would have been much better with Chansiri somewhere on the cladding.  

Let's hope he likes blue.

Edited by rickygoo

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I sit in the North Stand and was shocked to see the size of the Chansiri lettering on the Youth Cup Highlights. Chuffing hell if that's not ego what is?!

SWFC would have been much better with Chansiri somewhere on the cladding.  

Let's hope he likes blue.

Didn't you used to have a box?