Pathetic Fans

Don't know why people get so mardy about different opinions.

Some people are easy going and optimistic and others are pessimistic and think we going to struggle without change. 

It's just opinions. People are different. We don't know what the season holds and what we say on here will have no bearing on it. 

If we go up the optimists will say we were right and if we don't go up the pessimists will say told you so. 

I personally believe we should keep Carlos but I am concerned. 

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The grass isn't always greener.

I never said it was. Nowhere have I said Carlos should leave. He is underperforming though.

I'm disputing whether he's our best manager since the 90s. He isn't. 

There are many fans who are 'extremists'. Those that criticise to a point it is embarrassing, those that defend the indefensible.

All are entitled to their opinion - but I prefer to listen and read those that are able to back up their arguments with facts and not just slag off others.

Personally I am disappointed with our performances in general this season and of late in particular.

We are not looking like an attacking force in recent games - although that has been balanced by us looking more solid at the back. Goals however win games and they are clearly in short supply . One of the lowest scorers in our division I believe. I am not a good enough analyst to determine whether that is down to the manager, tactics, other teams or our own players. But I do know that we are not as creative or progressive as last season and consequently are not scoring as many goals.

Again, my opinion is that this will become a problem as we move to the results end of the season and something has to change. I truly hope that's CC can achieve that - if not it is DCs job to decide as and when a change may be needed.

Fan opinion is healthy - turning on each other because we don't agree is not and will soon (if not already) spread onto the pitch in a form of negativity that won't do anyone any good.

14 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I never said it was. Nowhere have I said Carlos should leave. He is underperforming though.

It's impossible to make a like for like comparison. Yes, we're at the upper end of the table theses days, but Carlos has resources that Gray, Laws, Sturrock etc never had. One wonders how he'd get on in the era when we didn't have a pot to p*** in?

5 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's impossible to make a like for like comparison. Yes, we're at the upper end of the table theses days, but Carlos has resources that Gray, Laws, Sturrock etc never had. One wonders how he'd get on in the era when we didn't have a pot to p*** in?

Thats what I'm saying! 

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Based in what?

Based on the third lowest budget in the Championship at the time and keeping us up,quite a feat tbh.

Guest mrbluesky
2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Play off final last season, currently 6th in the league this season, this time last year we wasn't in the play offs.

Just because we are not bashing teams 6-0 every week.

Keep the faith

X

The difference being last season you always felt we could and would turn things round,this season not so.

18 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Do you think CC will take us up? If so, when?

I reckon he'll get us up eventually if he's given the correct backing from the chairman, yes. I think he's having a difficult second season, but we're actually picking up more points in a more challenging league than we did last season. If he's given time to continue to develop the squad as he wants, then I believe we'll be capable of winning promotion under Carlos.

Whether that happens this season, next season or the year after, I don't know. There are so many variables involved, it's impossible to say.

Just now, mrbluesky said:

Based on the third lowest budget in the Championship at the time and keeping us up,quite a feat tbh.

Did we finish 8th-9th under Laws? I'm pretty sure we could have got into the playoffs with a week of the season to go. Might be wrong. I'm probably wrong. 

Also, at a time when the players were paying their own bus fares ffs. 

32 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I can't think of a better one. But then it's trying to compare apples and oranges, isn't it?

Each manager can only really be judged on their own merits given the circumstances in which they worked - relative strength of the division is such a difficult thing to judge.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Does that mean that Derby, Norwich and Villa's managers are all worse than a cardboard cutout of Danny Wilson?

Because their squads are at least as good as ours and none of them are in the top six as things stand.

Exactly Villas spending this season is over 55m!

Personal view but I think it's all a matter of context. We are sixth in the league and generally, I stress generally, the football has been better over the last few seasons. 

I certainly would not like DC to leave the club although I have not seen anyone calling for that? CC is more expenderble than anyone at the club unfortunately, you cannot sack the whole squad. I think CC is a good coach, and probably a good man and remember all coaches have a sticky patch but his head will roll in time if performances carry on like they are, this is fact. 

DC ultimately is a business man, if CC fails to perform eventually he will go, CC needs to have the same spark he had last year, but calling for his head now is far to soon. Best manager is debatable and personally it's not comparable as financial situations have varied between managers and the years gone by. 

I just think it's far to soon. Pulling the splinters out of my backside now from the fence I firmly sit. 

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Exactly Villas spending this season is over 55m!

I'd consider that very bad management. 

Edit: But then again, the board looked at the situation, made a change and they're much improved recently. Hmmmmm.

Edited by Cosmo