Jeff Winter the ex ref

always wondered if Refs have something against us but I suppose every fan of every team thinks the same this guy seems to have liked us

http://jeffwinterentertainmentandmedia.co.uk/2016-17-middlesbrough-programme-notes/sheffield_wednesday.php

JEFF THE REF REMINISCES ABOUT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Refs aren't always the most popular people, however not too many complaints from Sheffield Wednesday fans about yours truly, indeed they won their first four games when I had them, 1-0 at Coventry, 2-1 at home to Southampton, 2-0 at Leeds and 3-1 at home to Wimbledon in the mid- nineties, before suffering a 3-2 defeat though at White Hart Lane in 1997. I always found them a good side to ref.

Then came a double header at Hillsborough against Blackburn Rovers. A 0-0 draw on Boxing Day was followed four weeks later with a 3-0 defeat in the 4th Round of the FA Cup which saw Benito Carbone go in the book. I also reffed a Youth League game between the Young Owls against Leeds United whose team included a youthful outstanding Jonathan Woodgate. Whatever happened to him?

I then experienced a few draws in games that usually saw me keep my book in my pocket, at least where the Owls were concerned. Everton though picked up five yellows in a goalless draw in South Yorkshire.

A 2-0 loss at Forest, a 2-2 draw at home to Watford and a 2-0 victory in a Yorkshire derby versus Bradford City led up to an entertaining 3-3 draw at Highbury but my final two Wednesday games were slightly more eventful. The first was a Carling Cup quarter final defeat at St Andrews, 2-0 the scoreline but a feisty 5-5 draw in the 'bookings game' suggests that both teams wanted to win that tie.

My final experience with Wednesday came in the second tier of English football and a comprehensive 4-0 home defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers. The one-sided game had been easy to referee. We were in added time and the book had remained in my pocket. A time wasting substitution took place much, to the annoyance of Paul Ince who had been signalling that he needed to come off. He took his frustration out with his next challenge when felling the opponent in an aggressive manner. The card came out for what was probably the daftest and most unnecessary caution of his career.

Just now, tuttuttut said:

Always thought he was one of the best refs in his era.

Didn't realise his record with us.

what's interesting is that he kept a tally 

always wondered about it especially recently with the recent unbelievable FF cards

we've had some shockers making unbelievable decisions makes you think if it's pre meditated 

15 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

I remembering him reffing the Blackburn game in the cup and IIRC I seemed to not be too happy with a few decisions. This will have probably been due to my bias at the time.

See he also did the heartbreaking game at

Hughbury in 2000.

Was there that night at Highbury, was there v Brighton when we got relegated, also at home v forest and palace, never mind the cup final heartbreak and last season. In fact I've been there all the bad times swfc. Yet when I asked about some tickets for my charity night for  neurocare as they saved my life last Feb you didn't even reply to me. Thanks for the memories the charity lady in question, you've been amazing!

I dare not even say what two other local clubs have donated. But I suppose there's still another few days before the event, so fingers crossed. Will hang my head in shame at this post if they come good, but with the letter going in 5 weeks ago I don't hold my breath